MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

This is rated R. 

Can't see what for bc it's small on the TV spot, but yeah. I'm pretty surprised.

Looks like "Some Sexuality" and then 3 words I can't make out but the 2nd and 3rd words are definitely "and Language"

Honestly, looks like Some Sexuality, Nudity, and Language.

Edited by Pinacolada

18 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

This is rated R. 

Can't see what for bc it's small on the TV spot, but yeah. I'm pretty surprised.

Looks like "Some Sexuality" and then 3 words I can't make out but the 2nd and 3rd words are definitely "and Language"

Honestly, looks like Some Sexuality, Nudity, and Language.

how can this be rated R when Nolan managed to make a PG-13 war film? 

Yeah tbh I think the impact to box office will be minimal, this isn't a movie that was going to have much interest for those younger than 17. 

It does make me more curious about the creative direction that Nolan took on this one though

I don't think the R rating makes much of a difference for this at the box office since the demographics for this were destined to lean older regardless given the type of movie it is (the PG-13 Dunkirk and the R 1917 finished with totals less than $30M apart from each other, for instance).

Gotta admit I'm even more curious now as to what Nolan has cooked up though. Not many filmmakers out there making R-rated, $100M+ 3 hour long historical dramas these days.

• Like 2

IMAX announced 31 or so theaters that will have 70mm IMAX film but apparently there is some confusion.

Some of the theaters haven't listed tickets for sale yet. This might be because their projectors are undergoing repairs.

For instance, the theater I want to go to, Regal Mall of Georgia, has IMAX listed but not in 70mm... even though IMAX released a statement saying it would have it.

Also one theater, Regal in New Rochelle, is listed as IMAX 70mm but it does NOT have it.

Edited by cannastop

1 minute ago, Last Man Standing said:

Has Nolan made an R rated movie before? Memento maybe? It's interesting that the biography of a scientist is where he pulls out the R rating, in either case. It might be a sign of the greater power he has at Universal.

This is his first R-rated film since 2002's Insomnia (his jump into studio filmmaking).

• Like 1