MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

This is locked for Picture, Director, Actor, tech noms with Supporting Actor (Downey) and score competitive to win. In fact, I've been hearing about the score so much it seems that Ludwig has already won and just waiting for next year to pick up the gold officially. No other score this year so far has gotten so many notices. 

I don't know how people can still doubt that this is going to be a major awards player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

what time's the review embargo for this one?

Supposedly the embargo lifts at noon Eastern (US) but some are saying it has been extended. I’m not sure that’s viable but we’ll know in less than 90 minutes.

this will be reviewed weirdly, the ones who have disliked Nolan movies since the prestige have liked it and those who have liked his work love it and those who love it think its a masterpiece while those who just dislike his style still exist. look for that in the reviews

37 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Supposedly the embargo lifts at noon Eastern (US) but some are saying it has been extended. I’m not sure that’s viable but we’ll know in less than 90 minutes.

time to insert "they are hiding a bad movie" meme. :hahaha:

6 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

this will be reviewed weirdly, the ones who have disliked Nolan movies since the prestige have liked it and those who have liked his work love it and those who love it think its a masterpiece while those who just dislike his style still exist. look for that in the reviews

Might be similar to Interstellar. 

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Just came out of the Singapore premiere.

It is more Dunkirk than Instellar

More Tenet than Inception

So not for me as I figured already from previews .Couldn't finish Dunkirk, couldn't wait for Interstellar and Tenet to be over. Thanks. :)

RDJ winning Supporting?

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Just came out of the Singapore premiere.

It is more Dunkirk than Instellar

More Tenet than Inception

for me its more like the prestige especially the third act and of course there is no comparison at all with tenet and inception. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

I can only imagine it’s like Tenet insofar as the plot moves faster than you can keep up with, but I’ll defer to someone who’s actually seen it. 

I could see the people who were confused by Dunkirk's structure also being confused by this, based on what I'm hearing. As someone who thinks Dunkirk is Nolan's best since Inception, this excites me.

i think my ranking after just watching this

Memento

The Prestige

Oppenheimer

Batman Begins

TDK

Inception

Interstellar

Dunkirk 

Insomnia

TDKR

absolute trash Tenet

and i'm glad at least in my country people seems like it more than i expected 

Edited by rayjulio
  • Thanks 1

Yeh I can’t work out the reason for such a late embargo. Reviews will be a boost for this kind of film surely. But for an embargo lifting after its already in wide release in some countries is strange. Especially when early reactions are so positive. Let’s face it, it’s not because of spoilers lol. Maybe it’s just for a last minute buzz, presales seem fine without it anyway. 

Edited by Krissykins