MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

As far as marketing goes, the volume has been heavier than his WB efforts up till now. Got tv spots throughout NFL season and playoffs, heavy NBA playoff rotation, Oscars, early presale, not all of which WB matched. The best trailer of the bunch though was the one not officially released, the IMAX trailer.

I feel like I have seen way more marketing with Tenet than Oppenheimer, and 80% of the mentions on social media I have seen are about Barbieheimer. Nolan also does these very serious interviews that most people would just brush over. A lot of people don't even know RDJ and Matt Damon are in the movie, which should be big selling points.

1 hour ago, eeetooki said:

I feel like I have seen way more marketing with Tenet than Oppenheimer, and 80% of the mentions on social media I have seen are about Barbieheimer. Nolan also does these very serious interviews that most people would just brush over. A lot of people don't even know RDJ and Matt Damon are in the movie, which should be big selling points.

Feel this is hard to compare considering Tenet came out at a time no other films were coming out and all other marketing campaigns were paused. Do agree they should be selling the cast more

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 4:13 AM, Issac Newton said:

Korea moved from 21 July 2023 to August, 2023

They are targeting the Victory over Japan date - 

common.jpg

There is no love lost between Korea and Japan..for good reason.

Read about the "Comfort Women" for reasons.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:18 AM, FunkMiller said:

I remember the first Dark Knight trailer so vividly. In fact, that entire marketing campaign should be put in the Smithsonian. Never equalled, and certainly never bettered.

Oppenheimer is a really difficult sell for an audience used to Nolan's other output. He tends to work best when he's applying his own sensibilities to very commercial concepts. This is a pretty dry subject matter, despite the obvious striking visuals of the Manhattan Project's conclusion. If this breaks 300 million WW it will have done well.

If you mean that film without a lot of big action scenes is automatically "dry" you are wrong,wrong,wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

There is no love lost between Korea and Japan..for good reason.

Outside the political zone, I don't see Koreans bashing Japanese. In fact, Japanese Market Share for the 1st Quarter is higher than Hollywood &Korean. Anime has expanded greatly this year. (Same for China)

Even, Miyazaki's "How Do You Live?" have got their screenings rights sold in Russia.

I barely care about the reference. 

This seems to be the schedule so far:

July 7-8: New York press junket with the cast 

July 11: Paris Premiere

July 13: London Premiere 

I read somewhere that LA premiere will be around 18th but can’t remember where I saw that. Obviously a chance of the London and LA ones not going ahead which isn’t good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redolent said:

This seems to be the schedule so far:

July 7-8: New York press junket with the cast 

July 11: Paris Premiere

July 13: London Premiere 

I read somewhere that LA premiere will be around 18th but can’t remember where I saw that. Obviously a chance of the London and LA ones not going ahead which isn’t good.

Nolan at the London and LA premieres

Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Since this movie will most likely be in IMAX for 4 weeks, I'll take my time and see it on whatever week fits my convenience. Maybe the 3rd week in release.

It's getting IMAX until Gran Turismo on August 11.

I'm trying to decide whether to see this in IMAX or 70mm as I'm starting to finalize my movie plans for this and Barbie that weekend. The former is obviously an experience but the latter is quite enticing too. Decisions, decisions!

Just now, filmlover said:

It's getting IMAX until Gran Turismo on August 11.

I'm trying to decide whether to see this in IMAX or 70mm as I'm starting to finalize my movie plans for this and Barbie that weekend. The former is obviously an experience but the latter is quite enticing too. Decisions, decisions!

oh I didn't realize that... that gives it 3 weeks.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

oh and I don't have to make that choice because I'm aiming to see it in IMAX 70mm 15 perforation film.

You don't want to go to Fort Lauderdale for that experience?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

oh and I don't have to make that choice because I'm aiming to see it in IMAX 70mm 15 perforation film.

You don't want to go to Fort Lauderdale for that experience?

That was one of the places I was contemplating seeing it at but tickets have sold out for practically every show that weekend (except the ones after 10 at night) fast lol. Oh well.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, Issac Newton said:

不过👓这个已经逐步进入流程了,就是会比较慢

No sooner but undergoing as Universal submitted Nolan's "Oppenheimer" for release approval in Mainland China.

奥本海默上不了电影局的人都有责任,好作品不让看,情情爱爱的电影到时一直营销,难怪nc那么多

Need the score for this so bad. Tenet is probably my most listened-to movie score at this point and the only one where I've listened to every track at least half a dozen times. Wondering how many tracks from this will end up in most listened to songs of the year.

• Like 3

It’s funny how people are asking that no more clips of Barbie are shared because they’ve seen enough, but the opposite for Oppenheimer, that we need to something other than the same rearrangement of tv clips.

I don’t know how I feel about it. They probably feel they’re guaranteed a solid opening without having to share anything else.