Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (10/22-24) | Dune 41M OW. French Dispatch 1.35M. Timothee can't be stopped!

30 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Dude. Do you really want me to quote the exchange where you finally gave a number, I was like “this isn’t that bullish, I think it will do way better,” and then it did in fact do way better?

Is 94 closer to 100 or is 60 closer to 75?

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Is 94 closer to 100 or is 60 closer to 75?

Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

EC is just so happy about beating the stupid mass hysteria lowballs that were endemic around here that he forgets some clear-eyed people had it doing ~70 3day and 90+ 4day all along.   

Which is fine… except it seems to keep happening, and each time it seems he has forgotten anew!

Edited by Let There Be Legion
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The Halloween franchise will never end, not after the previous film opened at $76m. Even if the next film bombs, Universal would look at that 2018 opening and try to exploit it again in just a few years. Our beloved franchises will go on long after we're dead. Once the studios master the art of riviving actors digitally, no one will be able to stop them. Jamie Lee Curtis will still be fighting Michael Myers in 100 years from now.

beating-a-dead-horse-funny.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

EC is just so happy about beating the stupid mass hysteria lowballs that were endemic around here that he forgets some clear-eyed people had it doing ~70 3day and 90+ 4day all along.   

Which is fine… except it seems to keep happening, and each time it seems he has forgotten anew!

"All Along" is a pretty laughable term as even you admitted you didn't make your club until you actually saw sales, which came very late in the game.  Then of course you went on to defend me outright.  

Thanks for telling people I had it right.... even though you are now saying the opposite.  Appreciate that reminder.  

Screenshot-2021-10-24-10-25-11-PM.png

• Knock It Off 2

18 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

"All Along" is a pretty laughable term as even you admitted you didn't make your club until you actually saw sales, which came very late in the game.  Then of course you went on to defend me outright.  

Thanks for telling people I had it right.... even though you are now saying the opposite.  Appreciate that reminder.  

You gave your $60m number until after the club was made though, roughly a week later, even when asked for a number multiple times by @TwoMisfits

Also maybe you should read the second paragraph of your screenshot from Legion. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You were better on SC than most, but still a bit too low. Not sure why you seem to have trouble acknowledging that now.

• Like 1

Moderation

Yeah we're stopping this right now. It's 12:30 AM here and I don't want to wake up with a 3 page long fight.

EmpireCity, please quit the abrasive, condescending, immature attitude. Please try to act like an adult, because people here are sick of your behavior.

Everybody else, do not encourage EmpireCity any further. No arguments, no insults back, no nothing. Responding only makes things worse.

Anybody who doesn't listen to me or decides they want to get the last word will see repercussions. Got it?

• Like 8
  • Knock It Off 1

Hey guys, as @keysersoze123 will tell you, I once said The Hangover will make less than Very Bad Things adjusted.  That would have been something like 15 million.  I got that wrong by about 260 million.  We all make incredibly bad calls from time to time and we all make incredible good ones.  That's part of the fun of being here.  Can we all just let it go?  :) 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Hey guys, as @keysersoze123 will tell you, I once said The Hangover will make less than Very Bad Things adjusted.  That would have been something like 15 million.  I got that wrong by about 260 million.  We all make incredibly bad calls from time to time and we all make incredible good ones.  That's part of the fun of being here.  Can we all just let it go?  :) 

I was so convinced Rise of Skywalker would do at least $1.5B... oops. In my defense, that was before we knew it was bad.

Anyway, I'm very interested to see how Dune performs throughout the week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

There’s nothing wrong with making a bad prediction. EC’s SC prediction wasn’t even bad — it was good, one of the best on this site, which makes this whole episode very bizzare! The thing is  you probably shouldn’t tell people “sorry you got it wrong” when they were even closer to the right number.

Edited by Let There Be Legion
  • Like 2