Eric is Quiet

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think this movie would benefit a lot from releasing in mid October, sadly i don’t think the movie will be ready in time for a change date 

The deadlines for this movie was very tight, is impressive Villeneuve will deliver for November 

Movie seems great as well, Ferguson is just mothering as always and the scale looks insane. Something about the aesthetic is bothering me a bit tho, is lacking some of the cinematic weight the first one had (maybe lacking texture), but hopefully is just the compression for YT and Twitter or the post production still far from finished

Assuming MI7, Barbie and Oppenheimer manage to coexist in July, then I don’t think the November date will be much of an issue. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

This is a little soon for a second trailer, unless they plan on putting out a third one. 

That was my first though. I haven’t even seen the new trailer, think I’m going to avoid it as I’m already going to catch it release day. I can tell from the impressions on here that it’s a fantastic trailer.

But the first trailer released less than 2 months ago, and we still have 4 months (and a week) before release.

FWIW, WB released the second/main/final trailer for Part 1 exactly 3 months (July 21) before release (Oct 22).

If I were WB I would have waited until after the summer for the showstopper trailer. Would have had a stronger impact after MI7/Barbieheimer were past the hype stages.

15 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

That was my first though. I haven’t even seen the new trailer, think I’m going to avoid it as I’m already going to catch it release day. I can tell from the impressions on here that it’s a fantastic trailer.

But the first trailer released less than 2 months ago, and we still have 4 months (and a week) before release.

FWIW, WB released the second/main/final trailer for Part 1 exactly 3 months (July 21) before release (Oct 22).

If I were WB I would have waited until after the summer for the showstopper trailer. Would have had a stronger impact after MI7/Barbieheimer were past the hype stages.

They want to play this trailer in front of all the big July movies. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

If this does only marginaly better than the first or God forbid, worse, i will lose faith in humanity for good.

Impossible. it's going to make more and not just slightly more.

So Mesiah is a go or Deadline is smoking something? 

Edited by Valonqar

The Dune Messiah (call it a Part Three now) has been on Villeneuve's agenda publicly soon after the Dune Part 1 release (or was it even before..). It would be interesting to know how Warner and Legendary plan to proceed with it.

They might be very impressed of the Part Two even before the release and at least have started to draft agreements/negotiations for it. Then they likely wait how Part 2 does in the box office and announce it greenlit after couple weeks.

Hopefully they don't rush the production. I don't know that Villeneuve has started to outline or draft the script yet. With this knowledge we could look Messiah earliest in 2026...BUT I think Villeneuve wants certain actors to age a bit and don't rush it if he can choose. He might piggiebank the success and go do his big budget Rendezvous with Rama in between and return toward the end of the decade to finish Dune Trilogy.

That might make sense financially too by bringing new fans in the fold who then have seen the legendary movies Dune Part 1 and Part 2, and ride the big worm to cinematic hall of fame.

3 hours ago, ando said:

Just insane. I'm really hoping audiences warm up to this one. It has everything. Timothee looks and feel much more grown into the role too IMO. 

But please WB more than 7 days in IMAX, cmon. 

Agreed, and hoping the same with IMAX too. I had a scare that I had a work trip at the release dates but luckily no and I'll guard those dates so that I don't miss the IMAX this time. I hope they could show some limited IMAX shows of Part 1. If they do, I would imagine them doing those here in the heart of the beast (LA).

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

Did we know this was intended to be 3 parts?

I haven't seen the trailer bc I want to be surprised.

Three parts have been pretty much Villeneuve's hope from the start but if you're unfamiliar with the books, I'm not probably spoiling to say that Part 1 and Part 2 will have a satisfying story arc and an ending too. Part 3 tells then a more independent story. It'll be a different kind of "trilogy".

• Like 2