Eric Lasagna

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

35 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Excellent trailer, I so wish this was WB’s big Christmas movie instead of Aquaman, it’d have mopped up and guaranteed Dune Messiah.

DUNC Messiah is guaranteed. Villeneuve said a few days ago that the script was almost finished. Also, DUNC2 is gonna make more than DUNC.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

If this movie bombs, cinema deserves to die.

Not that i think that will happen. I predict 500M+ WW for it, i believe Dune 1 found a lot of new fans over the last 2 years and this beeing the first big movie of 2024 will help as well.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If this movie bombs, cinema deserves to die.

Not that i think that will happen. I predict 500M+ WW for it, i believe Dune 1 found a lot of new fans over the last 2 years and this beeing the first big movie of 2024 will help as well.

I agree that it has found more fans since then, pity that in the years since the streaming culture has cemented itself even further. Right now it’s not a great environment for theatrical releases, let’s just hope Dune 2 is one of these films that will be treated as an event by the GA.

I predict over 500M myself, but I’ve been wrong a lot this year.

• Like 1

DUNC 2 doesn't have a crazy budget to be a bomb in the worst case scenario which would be making about as much as the first. Its disadvantage is that Russia is a non-factor now since that was DUNC's Top 3 OS market. But on the good side, there's no pandemic so it should see increases everywhere. There's no reason for it to drop from the first so I don't entertain that scenario. Dom is defo going up. 

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Looking great! Did anyone else catch the infamous "SILENCE!" scene that the Lynch movie butchered?

And it sure as hell will not rain at the end of the movie like it did in the Lynch film.

I like Lynch overall.. I think "Blue Velvet" is one of the great films of the 80's, but he was the wrong choice for "Dune".

And looks as if third time was indeed the charm for "Dune".

Judging from the trailer it looks like they're: (BOOK SPOILERS)

Spoiler

giving Chani more personality because in the book she's just Paul's woman object and has basically no reaction to the fact that Paul manipulated her people for revenge. But in the movie it seems like they're at least giving her some kind of personality when she mentions the prophecy is enslaving her people.

Also Alia is not shown, I wonder if they're saving that for the movie? It would be a shame if she's cut but Lady Jessica was mentioned to be pregnant in the first movie so I don't think she's out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Judging from the trailer it looks like they're: (BOOK SPOILERS)

Hide contents

giving Chani more personality because in the book she's just Paul's woman object and has basically no reaction to the fact that Paul manipulated her people for revenge. But in the movie it seems like they're at least giving her some kind of personality when she mentions the prophecy is enslaving her people.

Also Alia is not shown, I wonder if they're saving that for the movie? It would be a shame if she's cut but Lady Jessica was mentioned to be pregnant in the first movie so I don't think she's out. 

yes, Denis previously said in South Korean press that he need female characters incl Chani to be more presence in part II so audience will know the message Frank always wanted to express but somehow caused misunderstandings in book - Paul could be a dangerous dictator

• Like 1

https://www.theinsneider.com/p/andre-braugher-dead-tribute-leonardo-dicaprio-movie-critic-rick-dalton-dune-2-trailer

I’m already hearing rumblings that WB is so bullish on Villeneuve’s vision for Dune that Part Three has been already been greenlit with a 2027 release date in mind. WB sees Part Two as a home run, and internally, I’m hearing the studio is already projecting an opening north of $100 million. That may be optimistic, but given the trailer above, hardly out of the question.

Interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MattW said:

Not sure about a $100 million opening, but that would be awesome. 

I’m not watching the trailers, but it sounds like this most recent one is a banger. Sadly, on YT at least, views are well off pace from the first two trailers. 

• Like 1