Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

31 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Naah doing shit like sending rats and bullets to costars is beyond "mildly annoying" (If it happened in any other workplace, that's getting reported straight to HR). Behavior like that should be bullied online idc

The Leto stuff isn't even method acting though, it's just workplace harassment

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

What actually happened? The tricky part is that this also doubled as marketing for the film by trying to recreate "method acting' hype around Ledger's Joker (and Leto was also at the time/later publicly feuding with WB over how his role was significantly nerfed during studio meddling). This stuff happened but if 2016 SS was released in 2022 you'd have either had such events not mentioned or downplayed/spun differently. It clearly rubbed people the wrong way but some degree of the way it was talked about was bad in a way WB thought would "sell cars" for Suicide Squad.

41 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, I don’t even know why method acting is still a thing actors want to brag about. Did they not see how badly that backfired with Jared Leto? 

In Butler's case it's mostly just lolz over how much he/his team for the past two years have been working overtime trying to sell him as a "new" actor with only a handful of credits when he's actually been around for quite a while, it's just that aside from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, his pre-Elvis filmography is mostly made up of highly juvenile fare that these bloggers and major publications wouldn't be caught dead watching.

It was semi-popular last year to claim he lost the Oscar over the memes about The Voice but in reality they were never going to hand it to a Disney Channel/Nickelodeon regular beginning to branch out into more sophisticated projects, especially up against a veteran with a remarkable comeback story (also, voters clearly just not caring enough about Elvis to reward it anything, since it went home empty-handed despite over a half-dozen nominations).

I treat any "news" about a streaming release window for the film currently with heavy skepticism. And FWIW I never heard of that site before. WB would be extremely stupid to undercut the theatrical performance at this point by announcing that. Then again this is Zaslav we're talking about... :sadno:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, I don’t even know why method acting is still a thing actors want to brag about. Did they not see how badly that backfired with Jared Leto? 

Method Acting has become part of every actors set of tools; the actors who make a big deal out of it are ,frankly, pretentious.

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Naah doing shit like sending rats and bullets to costars is beyond "mildly annoying" (If it happened in any other workplace, that's getting reported straight to HR). Behavior like that should be bullied online idc

Anyways stan RPatz instead coz he hates crap like this too lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrbV2T66aKueSTkpEXjMi

This. With good method acting,the audience never can tell it's method acting.

6 hours ago, TMP said:

Or just being an A Hole. Playing a homicidal maniac does not giver you an excuse for treating your fellow cast members and crew like Shit.

On 2/22/2024 at 12:13 PM, Lucas said:

Oppenheimer has had one of the most definitive landslide sweeps across all awards bodies so far, whatever barriers it had have been demolished by a nuke by now.

Until the past 20 years, Hollywood was very fond of giving the Oscar to Historical films. Just returning to form.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:04 PM, von Kenni said:

If I remember right,  they had some collaboration with him in Dune marketing. That reply tweet itself doesn't have huge views yet at least. So, helps, but unless he does a video reviewing it and promoting it, I doubt the effect will knock anyone's socks off.

1. He's been part of the promotional campaign.

2. It's been a day and the Tweet has only had 4.4 likes.

I don't think there's gonna be a Beast Bump.

• Like 1