Eric is Anxious

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Dune 3 is obviously happening. WB owns the post Covid correction franchise game for the net 3-4 years with sequels to Barbie, Beetle Juice, The Batman, Dune, Joker, Wonka, and Twisters. 

This reminds me. Would be really funny if WB has their best couple years in like over a decade for the next few years and they still end up getting sold for parts (very likely scenario).

• Like 1

A great watch from Villeneuve. There's a critical change from the book that he mentions making that - as someone who hasn't read the book - strikes me as an excellent change in adapting this story for the screen and telling the story of Paul Atreides. Without knowing the original story, it gives me a strong feeling that Villeneuve made a series of smart changes in adapting this supposedly unadaptable story.

It's also interesting listening to decisions regarding use of natural lighting and shooting as much as possible in order to aid VFX creation. I watch both Dune movies and wonder how the visual effects are so exceptional compared to most big blockbuster films - and the way he describes shooting scenes makes me believe that a significant factor in good visual effects is having a director that shoots the scenes and knows how to do so in the most natural/realistic way.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

Dune Messiah is obviously happening, pretty sure is going to be splitted in two movies.

WB is just waiting for the Max release or still discussing the paycheck figures for Denis and Co. 

BTW, saw this movie twice already and its fucking spectacular, can´t remember something this epic on the big screen since the Lord of the Rings movies.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Dune Messiah is obviously happening, pretty sure is going to be splitted in two movies.

WB is just waiting for the Max release or still discussing the paycheck figures for Denis and Co. 

BTW, saw this movie twice already and its fucking spectacular, can´t remember something this epic on the big screen since the Lord of the Rings movies.

Dune Messiah is not a very long book, it's less than half the pages of the first Dune.

21 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Dune Messiah is not a very long book, it's less than half the pages of the first Dune.

Only way it would work is if Messiahs plot is padded with the events of the jihad. That requires creating instead of adapting material, though. I expect Denis to take more liberties with Messiah than Dune, but not that much! 

Denis also wants to do other things besides Dune.

One last movie, and then NEXT. I mean he loves the universe but he doesn't want to spend all the remainder of his life in this universe.

He'll be done after the 3rd

• Like 2

His next film should be the Warhammer project.  But I doubt he will want to continue to adapt franchises. Most likely he will begin to make his dream films, like Nolan has been since he left the Batman trilogy.

Edited by Belakor

His next project should be Rendezvous With Rama, and if you've read the book, you can tell it is absolutely up his alley, particularly in terms.of visual depictions

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Belakor said:

His next film should be the Warhammer project.  But I doubt he will want to continue to adapt franchises. Most likely he will begin to make his dream films, like Nolan has been since he left the Batman trilogy.

Wanting Denis Villeneuve to do Warhammer confuses me about as much as wanting Christophe Nolan to do James Bond. What’s the point? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Merkel said:

His next project should be Rendezvous With Rama, and if you've read the book, you can tell it is absolutely up his alley, particularly in terms.of visual depictions

Seeing Rama on IMAX by Villeneuve could be transcendental...just small expectations.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Denis also wants to do other things besides Dune.

One last movie, and then NEXT. I mean he loves the universe but he doesn't want to spend all the remainder of his life in this universe.

He'll be done after the 3rd

He didn’t ruled out the possibility of adapting Children in the future as well. To be fair that’s the story that wraps up everything, even tho is not Paul centric. He just needs time.

I’m pretty sure the only reason Part 3 has not be already announced is that WB is pushing for the sequel now while Denis wants to make another film inbetween.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

He didn’t ruled out the possibility of adapting Children in the future as well. To be fair that’s the story that wraps up everything, even tho is not Paul centric. He just needs time.

I’m pretty sure the only reason Part 3 has not be already announced is that WB is pushing for the sequel now while Denis wants to make another film inbetween.

Also he wants to rest. I watched his Radio-Canada interview (in French) and he's like, I just wanna sleep back home guys, pls

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

Children you can do down the line, no rush...I wouldn't be shocked if years later he returns once he's had time to take a break from Arakkis.

• Like 2