Jump to content
von Kenni

Weekdays Thread 11/8-11/11 | Thu - Eternals $6.24m +48% - Clifford $3.28m +43% - Dune $1.23m +48% - NTTD $0.99m +50% - Venom $0.69 +85%

Recommended Posts

Nov 8th actuals... updating as they come in. Let's see if Eternals drop on its feet, if the spice still flows, and if there's still no time to die. And how the rest of the merry bunch land for the unforgiving Monday.

 

    Movie Distr Gross %YD %LW Thr Per
Thr
Total
Gross
D
1 (1) Eternals Walt Disney $4,262,085 -74%   4,090 $1,042 $75,559,304 4
2 (2) Dune Warner Bros. $656,723 -69% -62% 3,546 $185 $84,773,079 18
3 (3) No Time to Die United Artists $525,378 -67% -38% 3,007 $175 $143,535,585 32
4 (4) Venom: Let There be Carnage Sony Pictures $300,149 -76% -46% 2,640 $114 $197,307,799 39
- (6) The French Dispatch Searchlight … $265,667 -62% -20% 1,205 $220 $8,717,688 18
- (-) Antlers Searchlight … $185,403 -64% -48% 2,800 $66 $7,762,561 11
- (-) Last Night in Soho Focus Features $183,570 -61% -57% 3,016 $61 $7,824,080 11
- (5) Ron’s Gone Wrong 20th Century… $161,016 -85% -57% 2,650 $61 $17,711,979 18
- (7) Halloween Kills Universal $158,365 -73% -66% 3,098 $51 $89,857,900 25
- (-) The Addams Family 2 United Artists $71,243 -83% -71% 1,807 $39 $55,005,453 39
- (-) Shang-Chi and the Legend … Walt Disney $70,048 -58% -46% 440 $159 $223,916,391 67
- (-) The Last Duel 20th Century… $16,484 -53% -77% 220 $75 $10,528,773 25
- (-) Free Guy 20th Century… $4,632 -73% -41% 185 $25 $121,503,383 88
- (-) Jungle Cruise Walt Disney $1,791 -74% -43% 75 $24 $116,946,134 102
- (-) Candyman Universal $1,740 -70% -61% 123 $14 $61,183,300 74
- (-) Dear Evan Hansen Universal $1,145 -83% -70% 220 $5 $14,949,215 46
- (-) Becoming Cousteau Picturehouse $192 -88% -95% 15 $13 $230,684 18
                     
    17   $6,865,631          
Edited by von Kenni
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

CORRECT Monday actual $4.26m

 

Eternals earned another $4.5 million on Monday, dropping a not-unreasonable 73% from its Sunday gross, bringing its four-day cume to $75.8 million. Presuming the film’s domestic/overseas split (44/66), the latest MCU film has earned around $171.5 million worldwide as of Monday night. In terms of Sunday-to-Monday drops, that’s essentially tied with the 73% drop for Venom: Let There Be Carnage and the 70% drop for Halloween Kills, and right between Doctor Strange (-70% after a $85 million debut weekend on this frame in 2016) and Thor: Ragnarok (-74% from a $123 million weekend in early November 2017).

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2021/11/09/box-office-eternals-drops-73-on-monday-for-76-million-cume/?sh=60d7d69457cc

Edited by von Kenni
Link to post
Share on other sites

Weekend Thread got archived while I was typing this up, so I'll put it in the Weekdays Thread instead.

 

====

 

In regards to the discussion surrounding Ghostbusters: Afterlife....

 

Hot Take:

 

The only real way GB 2016 affects GB 2021 is because of the people online who simply can. Not. LET. GO!  over fighting over GB 2016.  Whether it's pro-GB 2016, anti-GB 2016, or the ever popular anti-anti-GB 2016 doesn't really matter.  Just a whoooooole lot of people simply can't let go when it comes to all of the discussion around that flick.

 

And that actually is a minor concern, IMO, as Bad Vibes surrounding a project can cause some folks to simply tune out even if they aren't following or care about the actual debates.

 

Now, it is certainly true that The Internet Isn't Real Life.  On the other hand, buzz is buzz.  And having bad background buzz simply because some folks are utterly addicted to The Culture War?  Well, we'll see how much it actually ends up mattering, but I do think it is a factor, even if a minor one.

 

(do think that if WOM is as good as EC thinks it will be, then it won't matter in the end.  Could matter at the very beginning though before WOM has a chance to spread one way or the other)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, von Kenni said:

Eternals earned another $4.5 million on Monday, dropping a not-unreasonable 73% from its Sunday gross, bringing its four-day cume to $75.8 million. Presuming the film’s domestic/overseas split (44/66), the latest MCU film has earned around $171.5 million worldwide as of Monday night. In terms of Sunday-to-Monday drops, that’s essentially tied with the 73% drop for Venom: Let There Be Carnage and the 70% drop for Halloween Kills, and right between Doctor Strange (-70% after a $85 million debut weekend on this frame in 2016) and Thor: Ragnarok (-74% from a $123 million weekend in early November 2017).

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2021/11/09/box-office-eternals-drops-73-on-monday-for-76-million-cume/?sh=60d7d69457cc

 

It was 4.262 for Venom not 4.5M. I can see why all the puzzled calculations with Dune a few weeks ago based of Mendelson and Forbes because he is often a fair bit off and using it to calculate is problematic. 

Edited by Ronin46
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

 

It was 4.262 for Venom not 4.5M. I can see why all the puzzled calculations with Dune a few weeks ago based of Mendelson and Forbes because he is often a fair bit off and using it to calculate is problematic. 

For Eternals yeah. Two of those Dune numbers were from Mendelson if I remember right and I think the error was in those then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this backlash has made me even more curious to watch Eternals. 

 

It looks like every other Marvel movie: an assembly-made affair whereby a bunch of superheroes battle to save the fate of mankind, mixing shoddy vfx with messy fight scenes and forced humor for "likability." 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

 

Hopefully they are not going to stop releasing dailies again but I would not put it past them.

That's what I'm afraid too. Last week Dune numbers came one of the first ones and NTTD's last...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

That's what I'm afraid too. Last week Dune numbers came one of the first ones and NTTD's last...

 

WB were first to post when they were releasing dailies. So think its quite possible we wont get an update. Just be careful of those Forbes/Mendelson stories and extrapolating the weekend predictions off the back of them as they are not very accurate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.