Cap

CONTEST FOR GOLD: Spidey: No Way Home Opening Weekend Predictions | RESULTS ARE IN!

4 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Because the hype/interest for this is several multiples beyond FFH. You keep making that comparison while failing to note the obvious difference in the interest we've seen for it so far. 

Venom just did $90M. The idea that a film that IS MORE HYPED THAN ENDGAME would only beat V2 by 10-20% is frankly an odd take and almost some kind of strange denial at this point. 

All I can say is, prepare to have the hell shocked out.

Nope. Gonna stop you right there. I don't care if trailer reviews turn into rainbows. Hype on this is nothing like end game. Not even close.

I saw zero movies twice in theater in my entire life before End Game. Including Infinity War. I saw End Game 5 times and in 2 countries!

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 6

I'm trying to stay out of this, but I would like to say, I too agree that I don't buy into the "more hyped than Endgame" spin.  Have people really been waiting NINE YEARS for [Spoiler Spoiler Vague Vague Leak Leak]? [Spoiler Spoiler Vague Vague Leak Leak] always felt more like a mixed bag -- some stuff people like, some stuff people didn't, the memes will live on FOREVER.  All positive things that would yield warm and fuzzy nostalgia and definitely increase interest.  But that wasn't Endgame.  Endgame was the greatest marketing event of all time.  They strung the audience along, whipped them into a frenzy for EIGHT YEARS and then left everyone on most insane cliffhanger since like, well, "Luke, I Am Your Father."

I buy into the concept that the Internet is Excited TM for Spider-Man: No Way Home.  I don't buy into This Is Endgame.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

I'm trying to stay out of this, but I would like to say, I too agree that I don't buy into the "more hyped than Endgame" spin.  Have people really been waiting NINE YEARS for [Spoiler Spoiler Vague Vague Leak Leak]? [Spoiler Spoiler Vague Vague Leak Leak] always felt more like a mixed bag -- some stuff people like, some stuff people didn't, the memes will live on FOREVER.  All positive things that would yield warm and fuzzy nostalgia and definitely increase interest.  But that wasn't Endgame.  Endgame was the greatest marketing event of all time.  They strung the audience along, whipped them into a frenzy for EIGHT YEARS and then left everyone on most insane cliffhanger since like, well, "Luke, I Am Your Father."

I buy into the concept that the Internet is Excited TM for Spider-Man: No Way Home.  I don't buy into This Is Endgame.

lol people were so desperate for end game that Captain Marvel went nuts. That was genius by marvel. Finally my 7 year old is ready to see Captain. Marvel and excited. Very empowering for her. She wants to see Ant Man more lol

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

, "Luke, I Am Your Father."

This is going to trigger @Porthos

15 minutes ago, Cap said:

I don't buy into This Is Endgame.

Nor do I. My comp between the two is merely to show that the hype this has is at an insane and different level than any previous SM film. I mean, my OW prediction is almost 40% less than Endgame’s and even with holiday legs helping it I still think it falls ~$200m short of its domestic total. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Nor do I. My comp between the two is merely to show that the hype this has is at an insane and different level than any previous SM film. I mean, my OW prediction is almost 40% less than Endgame’s and even with holiday legs helping it I still think it falls ~$200m short of its domestic total. 

That's fair. I consider this a hype comparison from Infinity War vs End Game. FFH vs NWH.

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

No no, you see, I actually am smirking ever-so-slightly, as now, until the end of time, Marvel fans are gonna hear:

"Best film since Endgame!"

"Most hype since Endgame!"

"Biggest buzz since Endgame!"

Over and over and over again.  And again.  It's all still too fresh for you for the horror of it all to sink in.  But one day?  Oh yes. 

Welcome to my world ever since ESB got established as The One True Star Wars Film (probably sometime in the late 80 or so).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Cap said:

Yep, anecdotally speaking, the hype for NWH doesn’t seem to have crossed over into real life yet in the way that Endgame did. I remember being at work the day the Endgame trailer dropped and half the people in the office were watching and discussing it along with the title reveal, whereas I don’t think many of them are even aware of NWH yet. Now if the second trailer features who we think it might, this will definitely change, but it’s not at “watercooler level” yet.

The hype for this is big for a Spider-Man movie (although I think people forget how big Spider-Man 3 was at the time, the hype for that was insane back in 2007), and it’s definitely big online, but it’s nowhere near Endgame or Infinity War.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Welcome to my world ever since ESB got established as The One True Star Wars Film (probably sometime in the late 80 or so).

well it is. 

Chris Evans Chest GIF

Spoiler

JK we all know rogue one is the best 😘😘😘😘😘😘

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Maggie said:

yeah, you're right it's too small.  ok, final prediction 100M OW/ 350M total

It would take a Venom 1 type rotten tomatoes score to achieve this. Close to zero 0%. Honestly 700+ million is more likely than this.

• Like 1