BadOlCatSylvester

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse | Currently undated

Makes sense that they’d be reluctant to set a date after everything we learned about the working conditions for ATSV. I don’t understand what they were thinking when they set that initial March 2024 release date. Even if the strikes hadn’t happened, that surely would’ve been a massive time crunch. 

• Like 2

Making the second movie end the way it did is such a rash and irresponsible decision it boggles the mind. They knew in advance the second part wouldn't be ready for years yet, and they still decided to end the last one in a major cliffhanger. Sony's awful management of its Spider-Man properties is still apparent even many years after their first shared universe attempt imploded.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah, it's sounding more and more like the animators found out it'd be two parts the same day we did. I wouldn't expect this to be out till, at earliest, late 2026. And even then it might get pushed back if they put Spidey 4 there.

Tbh think Beyond will be bigger domestically than SM4 but SM4 should be bigger worldwide. Can see them trying both same year.

Edited by YM!

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Making the second movie end the way it did is such a rash and irresponsible decision it boggles the mind. They knew in advance the second part wouldn't be ready for years yet, and they still decided to end the last one in a major cliffhanger. Sony's awful management of its Spider-Man properties is still apparent even many years after their first shared universe attempt imploded.

No. That ending is perfect and had people begging for more. Ending it like it did was genius and will ensure a huge increase for the 3rd.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I wonder if the loooooooooooong wait between ATSV and BTSV will increase or decrease hype. 

More likely to hurt than help. After that ending and “knowing” the final movie was coming in a year the hype was high. Now people will move on and they’ll have to rebuild hype again. It’s not exactly Infinity War/Endgame levels of hype/popularity, and now the gap will be 3+ years with nothing in-between.

• Like 3

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

I agree that 2 year wait will be beneficial. back to back releases have rarely helped build hype. Let the current movie add more audience via Netflix. I am expecting 3rd movie to hit 1B+ if its good enough. 

It would need $550M+ domestic for $1B. Maybe if they get a December date it could do it but I'll take the under.

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

A tease and a cliffhanger aren’t really the same thing. 

True but Audiences waited 4 years between into the spider verse and across the spider verse. With the incredible word of mouth across the spider verse got and the huge reaction to the cliffhanger audience won’t be going anywhere.If anything even more audiences were discovered on streaming and be more hyped for the final part.

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Imagine if Endgame had come out 4 years after Infinity War. I mean I'm sure people would still care to an extent but I'd imagine a lot of interest would've burned off by then.

Speaking of that imagine if they had decided to have a 2 year break between IW and EndGame would have been scheduled for May 1 ,2020. 

On 12/28/2023 at 1:34 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

I wonder if the loooooooooooong wait between ATSV and BTSV will increase or decrease hype. 

I mean there was 5 years between Into and Across, which will likely be longer than Across and Beyond

• Like 1