BadOlCatSylvester

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse | Currently undated

7 minutes ago, movies!movies! said:

I loved Across the Spider verse and was not bothered as much as some were  with the ending but holy shit what a cluster fuck to end it that way and not have a solid locked in way to continue on in Beyond.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I don’t get why they didn’t develop the 2 movies together considering they were conceived as a 2-parter. 

Doing 2 movies together is very risky and expensive. They had no idea Across would be such a big hit.

Same reasons Dune and IT were split into 2 films.

Edited by Mojoguy

7 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I don’t get why they didn’t develop the 2 movies together considering they were conceived as a 2-parter. 

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Doing 2 movies together is very risky and expensive. They had no idea Across would be such a big hit.

Same reasons Dune and IT were split into 2 films.

I thought making two movies together was the plan, it just didn't work that way

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I thought making two movies together was the plan, it just didn't work that way

Maybe that was the plan but overworking your animators to near death wasn't. Having Beyond out the next year after Across or even in 2 years was never possible.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Makes sense. They are not going to release it the same year as the fourth Tom Holland movie 

Yeah, it actually does make sense schedule-wise, but man, that is a loooonnng delay. Definitely need further confirmation, I just don't buy that a lot was scrapped.

Whenever “Beyond the Spider-Verse” comes out, hopefully the long wait is worth it and doesn’t badly affect the film in vain, quality wise & box office wise.

Would be depressing if the film misses, considering the cliffhanger in “Across the Spider-Verse” made fans & general people who likes Spider-Man, so excited for “Beyond”. 🙍🏻‍♀️👩🏻‍💼

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

It’d be crazy if this were to take Blade’s spot in November 2025, but I would imagine that’s not possible, unless they overwork the animators again, which would obviously be a shitty thing to do. The only reason I’m not sure about 2026 is because that’s seemingly when the next MCU Spider-Man movie is coming out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’d be crazy if this were to take Blade’s spot in November 2025, but I would imagine that’s not possible, unless they overwork the animators again, which would obviously be a shitty thing to do. The only reason I’m not sure about 2026 is because that’s seemingly when the next MCU Spider-Man movie is coming out. 

TBF there was only little more than a 6 month interval between the first Spider-Verse and FFH (with Endgame featuring Spidey smack in the middle)