Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

Uncharted Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-20 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 53 78 9757 0.80%

Comp

0.146x of F9 T-20 (1.04M)

0.410x of The Suicide Squad T-20 (1.68M)

0.223x of Venom 2 T-20 (2.58M)

I'll admit I couldn't think of any good comps for this far out in a film's run, but I think these suffice fine? It's pretty all over the place in terms of numbers, but this was basically a soft launch two days before the official Sunday bow, so I guess it's a little silly to say anything definitive at this point in time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, Eric Riley said:

Comp

I'll admit I couldn't think of any good comps for this far out in a film's run, but I think these suffice fine? It's pretty all over the place in terms of numbers, but this was basically a soft launch two days before the official Sunday bow, so I guess it's a little silly to say anything definitive at this point in time. 

That is a fuck up by those theaters in Philadelphia, they are supposed to have shows greyed out until Sunday morning.  Shouldn't even be on sale yet.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah that's what I am looking for. BW was ~150k tixs in 24 hours. NWH around 3M+.

Batman if do 300k will be big.

Batman going to crush NWH dude

• Haha 7
  • Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, Eric Riley said:

Comp

Hmm. That is a good start. Can this pull a Sonic?

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

That is a fuck up by those theaters in Philadelphia, they are supposed to have shows greyed out until Sunday morning.  Shouldn't even be on sale yet.  

Theaters everywhere have showtimes for Uncharted live and ready. Either the chains got the wrong memo, some intern that wasn't working on Sunday just wanted to get the job over with, or some other third thing happened. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I'll do a final (real) check on Thursday, but as of right now Moonfall has 43 tickets sold at my theater. Obviously I don't have a lot of comps but....

VS NWH Final
43 / 3545 = $600,000

VS The 355 Final 

43 / 31 = $485,000

Previews probably get to $1-1.5M and an OW somewhere in the $8-15M range. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Shit will get real if NWH beats both Moonfall and Jackass on superbowl weekend. 

Super Bowl weekend is in two weeks (Death on the Nile/Marry Me) this year so it's certainly possible that No Way Home is making more than either of them over that frame if both really underperform next weekend.

9 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

2012 was a product of its time. It could never succeed now. Maybe a moderate success in the 90s but nowhere close to what it made in 09. At the polar opposite, Moonfall is arriving at the worst possible time for it. 

Obligatory post whenever 2012 is brought up