Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

To be very clear, I don't think it will happen and will know by the weekend.  

There is no reason for it to happen and spideys continued performance proves it...march will be a lot better than dec so......Now of course in this times we cant be absolute certain i guess but still...even sony which is known to be reactive intends to keep uncharted in its current date.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Maybe they have some internal tracking

Eh...I really doubt there are internal tracking numbers that show the Batman is doing bad. The publicly released Quorum tracking looks great for it. It has a great March date and it has hype, moving would be profoundly idiotic. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Audience is completely starved of blockbusters right now. After NWH, Batman will be the first to come out and take advange of this to become the next billion dollar movie.

It will do great in the US, problem is OS with Omicron

53 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I also hate to even mention this and keep it here, but greater than zero chance that The Batman could move to July, Thor to November and Black Panther to 2023.  We will know very soon if there is a domino effect.  

They've already spent a ridiculous amount of money on ads all around the globe advertising March 3rd extremely aggresively. Moving it would be so dumb and so pointless. Imagine they move it and then a worse variant pops up before July (not unlikely) lmao The time to act for WB to release The Batman is now.  In pandemic era there'll always be a risk, but March 4th is their best bet to minimize it.

Edited by 21C
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 21C said:

Hell WB's latin american division just uploaded this TV Spot 5 hours ago. 

Top Gun 2 has two trailers released and some behind the scenes and the movie still has not seen the light of day. Anything is possible in this pandemic

Edited by Maggie
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Top Gun 2 has two trailers released and some behind the scenes and the movie still has not seen the light of day. Anything is possible in this pandemic

It's one thing to have trailers, it's another one to have multiple TV Spots all around the globe 5 weeks before release heavily advertising said release. They're making sure to plaster the "March 3rd/4th" on every piece of marketing.

Edited by 21C
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

To be very clear, I don't think it will happen and will know by the weekend.  

14 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It would also be the dumbest fucking thing they could ever do.  

FYI, there is zero chance it goes on HBOMax.  The move even being floated is about maximizing WW box office revenue.  

62yzat.gif

(well, maybe not full of, but it's the easiest way to make the quote work :ph34r:)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This isn't really true.  I've personally seen the first 15 minutes and many others have seen the whole thing.  

Based WB moving Batman to get NWH over 100 days :sparta:

Thor should go to Labor Day while an MCU stays in November though, just 2 in 2022 would be godawful unacceptable.   

Spoiler

On a more serious note, omicron will be over by March and this move would be unimaginably dumb considered we have a movie doing 1.8 WW with omicron’s 6 biggest weeks literally all in the middle of its run :hahaha:

• Like 1

I was thinking they could move Batman last month, but this month they started a very aggressive marketing campaign saying it's really out on March so i thought they are fully decided, they should know it's bad for timing to delay when it's in the hype peak.

And the promotion is globally, they're really spending money everywhere advertising this, i will be shocked if it happen, especially because Covid could be terrible again by July but should be declining in March.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 5