Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

47 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

In about how many hours will Black Adam tickets go on sale?

Usually advance tix here go on sale at 8:00 AM local, so about 4 minutes from now. I assume it will be then, or possibly one hour later. But I haven't seen any formal announcement.

Update: well, it wasn't 8:00. Hopefully, an hour from now.

Edited by A Star is Delayed
  • Like 1

Santikos Tracking

By format

Day Movie Format Shows New Sold True Cap % Sold ATP Gross
T-0 Smile PLF 10 80 80 1,674 4.78% $14.92 $1,193.96
    Standard 14 79 79 2,390 3.31% $13.54 $1,069.56
  Total   24 159 159 4,064 3.91% $14.24

$2,263.52

Crawdads - .309x (619k)

Nope - .125x (801k)

Don't Worry - .243x (754k)

Black Phone - .211x (548k)

I'm not sure if Santikos had EA, but these aren't really inspiring.  I'll go with 850k true Thursday, hoping that walkups are healthy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Black Adam

SW/Toronto Ontario

Oct 20/21 (T-21 Thurs, T-22 Fri) (No Comps)

1 Sellout (Friday) (plf or Cdn equal?)

# theatre #show Seats Sold Seats Rem Ttl seat Percent
Thurs 16 57 22 14864 14886 0.001
Fri 17 76 50 19462 19512 0.002

First day of sales

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Thursday Previews AMC Check

Black Adam: 

205 tickets sold across 64 showtimes at 10 locations + apparently 3 sellouts at one theater which i am super skeptical about

(Willowbrook 24) 

Private screenings, perhaps?

Smile 
Sept 29/30 (T-0 Thurs, T-1 Fri)

SW/Toronto Ontario

# theatre #show Seats Sold Seats Rem Ttl seat Percent
Thurs 18 33 214 5991 6205 0.0344
Fri 20 24 392 16727 17119 0.0228

Comp

Thurs 

x.1829 Nope (164 thousand cdn, 3.4 mil Can/US)

Fri

.1646 Nope (240 thousand cdn, 5.1 mil Can/US)

Will be my last count for Thurs as well as probably Friday having weekend plans, won't see T-0 unfortunately.

I have to admit I did think that it being horror that it might have had (up to this point) comparables to Nope, but...well "Nope", and Halloween Ends seems to be tracking enough on my numbers it will quickly outdo Smile daily numbers)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Uhhhh, I'm seeing Black Adam shows starting as early as 1:20 on Thursday the 20th. Are we doing 1:00 start times now?

14 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

All 3pm starts in my area. 

11 minutes ago, A Star is Delayed said:

Same in mine.

Tritto.

Presumably it's someone who either misread the start time or thought it was an all day release.  That's if they're not being naughty, of course.

Edited by Porthos

Ugh.  Fandango has changed its HTML code since I last tracked. :kitschjob:

Gonna look into it on my own, but on the off chance @katnisscinnaplex already knows the answer, do you know if Fandango is still differentiating between sold seats and was never available in the first place seats (what they used to flag as 'unavailable')?  Was handy for pre-screening out DBOX seats and seats that can't be purchased for one reason or another.

ETA:

GFDI!!!! :rant:  Doesn't look like it at first blush.

Thank god I've been keeping a soft track on how many DBOX seats individual screens have, just in case, as well vaguely remembering which screens tend to have blacked out seats.  But gonna be a chore and a half to double check this.  Unless katnisscinnaplex can save me here and point me to something I might be missing in the code. :rant: :rant: :rant: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Ugh.  Fandango has changed its HTML code since I last tracked. :kitschjob:

Gonna look into it on my own, but on the off chance @katnisscinnaplex already knows the answer, do you know if Fandango is still differentiating between sold seats and was never available in the first place seats (what they used to flag as 'unavailable')?  Was handy for pre-screening out DBOX seats and seats that can't be purchased for one reason or another.

ETA:

GFDI!!!! :rant:  Doesn't look like it at first blush.

Thank god I've been keeping a soft track on how many DBOX seats individual screens have, just in case, as well vaguely remembering which screens tend to have blacked out seats.  But gonna be a chore and a half to double check this.  Unless katnisscinnaplex can save me here and point me to something I might be missing in the code. :rant: :rant: :rant: 

Unavailable should be the same still. 

map__seat unavailable

They added type of seats though so map__seat standard reserved etc for sold seats by type.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, katnisscinnaplex said:

Unavailable should be the same still. 

map__seat unavailable

They added type of seats though so map__seat standard reserved etc for sold seats by type.  

Maybe it's because I'm viewing things via the HTML source and not via inspect element, but "map__seat unavailable" doesn't give me anything anymore.  I am getting that bolded bit, however.

(mystery apparently solved, see edit - long story short DBOX seats are indeed no longer flagged as 'unavailable' for me)

Here's what I'm seeing:

seat-map__seat standard availableSeat

seat-map__seat standard reservedSeat

As well as:

seat-map__seat companion availableSeat

seat-map__seat wheelchair availableSeat

(presumably they flip to 'reservedseat' when sold)

Problem is, for me at least at this theater, DBOX seats are being flagged as "seat-map__seat standard reservedSeat" where as before they were flagged as "unavailable", which meant I could flag between "reserved" and "unavailable" fairly easily. 

I'll go ahead and test on a couple of theaters I know have unavailable seats and if they're still blocked out, that'll have to do.  But having to readjusted on the fly for DBOX seating theaters (at least locally) is gonna be... annoying.

EDITED:

alright, did indeed find some "seat-map__seat unavailableSeat" on a test theater, but it still isn't catching DBOX seats anymore via this method.

Le sigh. :kitschjob:

Thanks for the help anyway, katniss.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Maybe it's because I'm viewing things via the HTML source and not via inspect element, but "map__seat unavailable" doesn't give me anything anymore.  I am getting that bolded bit, however.

Here's what I'm seeing:

seat-map__seat standard availableSeat

seat-map__seat standard reservedSeat

As well as:

seat-map__seat companion availableSeat

seat-map__seat wheelchair availableSeat

(presumably they flip to 'reservedseat' when sold)

Problem is, for me at least at this theater, DBOX seats are being flagged as "seat-map__seat standard reservedSeat" where as before they were flagged as "unavailable", which meant I could flag between "reserved" and "unavailable" fairly easily. 

I'll go ahead and test on a couple of theaters I know have unavailable seats and if they're still blocked out, that'll have to do.  But having to readjusted on the fly for DBOX seating theaters (at least locally) is gonna be... annoying.

EDITED:

alright, did indeed find some "seat-map__seat unavailableSeat" on a test theater, but it still isn't catching DBOX seats anymore via this method.

Le sigh. :kitschjob:

Thanks for the help anyway, katniss.

Oof, yeah, I haven't come across one that isn't marking those as unavailable.  The only difference I see is that there is a tag that shows the ::before color for the seats that are actually sold.  I can't seem to get that to come up in a search though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, katnisscinnaplex said:

Oof, yeah, I haven't come across one that isn't marking those as unavailable.  The only difference I see is that there is a tag that shows the ::before color for the seats that are actually sold.  I can't seem to get that to come up in a search though.

Well, just ran into another minor 'oof'.  map__seat unavailable isn't catching map__companion unavailable".  Presumably won't catch the same for wheelchair.

Nothing I can't (eventually) work around, but they're minor speed bumps to iron out a procedure for.

Ah well, I'll have to consider the next few days a test run before the hurricane known as BP2 arrives.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 1:39 PM, LonePirate said:

Not much of an update from me except the two Regals I frequent have both given a second screen to both Bros and Smile just as I expected they would. The second screen for Smile also happens to be the largest auditorium at both sites. Very little change in the pre-sales since yesterday, though.

Regal #1 (no IMAX but 21+ in half the screens)

Bros: 8 (+0 since yesterday)

Smile: 0 (+0)

Regal #2 (IMAX complex but no 21+ screens)

Bros: 6 (+0)

Smile: 36 (+4)

Smile is picking up a little steam in my area but pre-sales except for massive blockbusters are always mild around here. Here are the Friday totals.

Regal #1 (no IMAX but 21+ in half the screens)

Bros: 8 (+0 since yesterday)

Smile: 4 (+4)

Regal #2 (IMAX complex but no 21+ screens)

Bros: 8 (+2)

Smile: 45 (+9)

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Halloween Ends, counted today at 12pm EST for Thursday, October 13:

NY (AMC Fresh Meadows 7): 4 (3 showtimes)
Miami (AMC Sunset Place 24): 35 (5 showtimes)
Grand Rapids (AMC Grand Rapids 18): 3 (2 showtimes)
Austin (AMC Lakeline 9): 0 (2 showtimes)
Tempe/Phoenix (AMC Centerpoint 11): 7 (1 showtime)
San Francisco (AMC Metreon 16): 46 (4 showtimes)
LA (AMC Universal):
212 (5 showtimes)

Total tickets sold in 7 theaters: 307.

Comps (all three counted after ca. 24hrs on sale): The Black Phone had 95 sold tickets,

Beast had 53

and Barbarian had 100.

Halloween Kills had on Monday of its release week 591 sold tickets.

Halloween Ends, counted today at 12pm EST for Friday, Oktober 14:

NY (AMC Fresh Meadows 7): 54 (6 showtimes)
Miami (AMC Sunset Place 24): 32 (11 showtimes)
Grand Rapids (AMC Grand Rapids 18): 9 (3 showtimes)
Austin (AMC Lakeline 9): 9 (3 showtimes)
Tempe/Phoenix (AMC Centerpoint 11): 5 (3 showtimes)
San Francisco (AMC Metreon 16): 28 (8 showtimes)
LA (AMC Universal):
78 (6 showtimes)

Total tickets sold in 7 theaters: 215.

Comps (all three counted after ca. 24hrs) The Black Phone had 34 sold tickets,

Beast had 27

and Barbarian had 24.

HK had 750 sold tickets on Monday of its release week.

That's a decent start in my theaters.

In several theaters the tickets went on sale after 10am EST, e.g. in the AMC Fresh Meadows when I looked shortly before 10am EST, I saw only showtimes for the Thursday but a few minutes later also for Friday.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well, just ran into another minor 'oof'.  map__seat unavailable isn't catching map__companion unavailable".  Presumably won't catch the same for wheelchair.

Nothing I can't (eventually) work around, but they're minor speed bumps to iron out a procedure for.

Ah well, I'll have to consider the next few days a test run before the hurricane known as BP2 arrives.

Yepp. Not a problem when I can count manually but once it gets above ~15 I'd want to inspect and now I have to paste/type two different strings.  I know they're just doing this to mess with us 😒

• Like 1

Early Thursday showtimes look at Black Adam

9,915 shows in 1,700 theaters

735 IMAX shows (7.4%)

339 Dolby

498 D-Box

431 XD

261 RPX

Comps

DS2 (T-4 weeks) - 26,823 (2,402 TC)

Eternals (T-3 weeks) - 8,959 (2,267 TC)

Morbius (T-3 weeks) - 4,809 (937 TC)

Thor 4 (T-4 weeks) - 7,417 (741 TC)

Only seeing two shows before 3pm out of the sample. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2