Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

5 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

If it doesn't get China it might not even crack $1B. 

yeah. I mean, I’m not saying it can necessarily beat Spidey. It definitely has the potential to play in the same ballpark though. 

the end of the trilogy. With Neill, Dern and Goldblum. The dinosaurs out and into suburbia.  I’m just not going to sleep on it. It’s the biggest movie of the summer in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

yeah. I mean, I’m not saying it can necessarily beat Spidey. It definitely has the potential to play in the same ballpark though. 

the end of the trilogy. With Neill, Dern and Goldblum. The dinosaurs out and into suburbia.  I’m just not going to sleep on it. It’s the biggest movie of the summer in my eyes. 

Hmm. I'm curious to see what happens but I have it pegged to fall from Fall Kingdom. I'm also not convinced it'll be the biggest film of the summer over Thor: Love and Thunder. 

1 hour ago, GoblinXXR said:

This will be correct. Below is a rough estimate, not including Japan ($35-65M). 

$601M through December 19

$601M
$480M from December 20-26
$1.081B
$310M from December 27-Jan 2

$1.391B

$150M from Jan 3-Jan 9

$1.541B

$65M Jan 10-Jan 16
$1.606B
$30M Jan 17-Jan 23
$1.636B

$25M Remainder 
$1.661B
+ $45M for Japan
~$1.706B estimated final

Bigger drop on Jan 3-Jan 9 and maybe a bit less on Jan 2

49 minutes ago, Eric Smith said:

You guys do know I like Marvel right? 😂

I can enjoy them while also critiquing them from a business standpoint.

Maybe.... :lol:

From a business standpoint Marvel is a raging success and well a marvel.  A comic book business perpetually on the brink of bankruptcy that stopped licensing out it's IP (that they had to practically beg other studios to use - including SM), built it's own independent studio by mortgaging that IP and became so successful it was bought by Disney but still operates mostly independently from a creative standpoint and has made 20B+ in theatrical revenue over the last 13 years.  

None of which keeps other films or studios from being successful.  Nor keeps audiences from watching other films.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, JonahVex said:

What 2022 movie if any do you think can beat out NWH at the  WW box office if any?

avatar and honestly I doubt it does unless it’s earth shattering. Maybe globally it well, reception should be great abroad

7 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Seems spiderman got hit Tuesday by restrictions in canada and seems to stabilize.

Nope. Canada is so small to make any impact. Besides US drop on Tuesday was worse, Canada was flat from Monday.

Admits wise Tuesday was quite even with Monday. Quite common for big openers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Nope. Canada is so small to make any impact. Besides US drop on Tuesday was worse, Canada was flat from Monday.

Admits wise Tuesday was quite even with Monday. Quite common for big openers.

Do you have any numbers for Thursday? Also are you still predicting $80-90M this weekend?

Edited by Landon1195

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

This is first time I hearing this split thing. 7.8M does felt low to had early access no.  because I was seeing it around 8 during day.

Boxoffice says it’s 8.1M Wednesday, 9.75m including previews.