EmpireCity

Christmas Weekend Thread (24-26 Dec). No Way Home (84.5m) | Matrix (22.5m 5 day) | Sing 2 (39.4m 5 day)

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Btw the “meltdown” portion of the thread is just people talking about how there’s going to be meltdowns so far. For anyone who wants to read the overnight posts and is gonna be disappointed like me.

It’s a historically awful Sat, no explanation but that no one wants this movie, it is doomed, trash legs, audience hates it, covid killed cinema forever and nothing will release theatrically in 2022 or beyond :sarah:

Edited by Product Driven Legion

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Btw the “meltdown” portion of the thread is just people talking about how there’s going to be meltdowns so far. For anyone who wants to read the overnight posts and is gonna be disappointed like me.

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

3-A4-C605-E-65-CB-473-B-8-D4-B-C4-C5-C23

We missed out on a All Marvel top 5 by a measley 9 million. Fucking mediocre.

Phew! 

(Black Widow’s run got an unnecessarily hard time on here and in the press despite it having far more going against it than either Shang Chi or Eternals did.) 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Phew! 

(Black Widow’s run got an unnecessarily hard time on here and in the press despite it having far more going against it than either Shang Chi or Eternals did.) 

No one truly understood that the BO just wasn't fully restored yet. Even Deadline have finally started to chill out

• Like 1

BO was pretty restored in June/July, perhaps more than in any month since. Post-vaccine and pre-delta was a time of good vibes. The big problem for BW, of course, was the PA.

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • Like 1

That all the titles barely increased from their Thursday 12/23 daily numbers to Christmas Day is a indication there was some *exterior force* keeping people away  

Whether it’s a one day effect - a weak Christmas - or a signal of the start of a trend - Omicron concern? - remains to be seen 

Personally, at least in my neck of the woods, I’d lean towards the latter, but time will tell 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M37 said:

That all the titles barely increased from their Thursday 12/23 daily numbers to Christmas Day is a indication there was some *exterior force* keeping people away  

Whether it’s a one day effect - a weak Christmas - or a signal of the start of a trend - Omicron concern? - remains to be seen 

Personally, at least in my neck of the woods, I’d lean towards the latter, but time will tell 

Its probably what the @EmpireCity said many people couldnt gather last christmas bc there were lockdowns something that doesnt apply this year, other than that the sat increases in general have been weak this year.Aside from that it maybe normal its the first weekend that the christmas fall on sat i think and yesterdays decreases % wise were very normal so....

Absolutely hysterical numbers all around. Theatrical is so alive and kicking ass fucking lmao. Paramount and Sony need to push Scream and Morbius out of January asap. It won't end well for them or anything else.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Absolutely hysterical numbers all around. Theatrical is so alive and kicking ass fucking lmao. Paramount and Sony need to push Scream and Morbius out of January asap. It won't end well for them or anything else.

Now i know why your reputation is so high, your trolling is on another level.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Honestly I think a scream delay could be prudent, February is pretty wide open anyway.    

Morbius can stay, no one will care about omicron by then.