Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

On 1/8/2023 at 7:04 PM, Krissykins said:

Grace Randolph has included Scream VI on her list of likely flops in 2023. In a group that she named “Floppity Flops”. 

:capmad

You gotta stop the hatewatching of Miss Randolph my dude. I haven't watched a video of hers in months and I feel so free and alive from all that pain.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eric the Plane said:

You gotta stop the hatewatching of Miss Randolph my dude. I haven't watched a video of hers in months and I feel so free and alive from all that pain.

It’s like a car crash, I can’t stop watching her “Movie Math” with all the cold takes and missing context lol

13 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

How’s this looking Box Office wise, it’s very hard to tell right now.

Tickets are not on sale. The Quorum website of which Eric just posted an update are off the charts. So it looks very promising that interest is very high.

• Like 1

I think this movie will gross a similar amount to Scream 5. Unless it is really good, then maybe 100M DOM is possible. If its bad (which im praying it isnt, pls deliver the goods, movie!), then under 70M DOM. But an OW between 28 and 32M should be the target.

Not having Sidney can be a negative, but it also makes the movie standout from all the others and makes it potentially more tense since now everyone could get killed.

12 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I think this movie will gross a similar amount to Scream 5. Unless it is really good, then maybe 100M DOM is possible. If its bad (which im praying it isnt, pls deliver the goods, movie!), then under 70M DOM. But an OW between 28 and 32M should be the target.

Not having Sidney can be a negative, but it also makes the movie standout from all the others and makes it potentially more tense since now everyone could get killed.

I’m hoping for an opening over $30m. I’m also hoping that “no Sidney” will be counteracted by this film not having to deal with Omicron, which was rife during Scream 5’s run, but especially its opening weekend. 

Jenna Ortega could give it a boost too. Her followers on instagram have increased from 9m to 38m since Wednesday started. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’m hoping for an opening over $30m. I’m also hoping that “no Sidney” will be counteracted by this film not having to deal with Omicron, which was rife during Scream 5’s run, but especially its opening weekend. 

Jenna Ortega could give it a boost too. Her followers on instagram have increased from 9m to 38m since Wednesday started. 

Today’s Thursday. So you mean she got nearly 30 million followers in one day? That’s crazy

• Haha 2

If this can match the last film's gross, I would consider that a huge win. I do wonder though if Jenna is actually going to be a bigger draw for 2023 audiences than Neve Campbell would have been (I know that sounds blasphemous but just speaking box office-wise).

• Like 2

I thought 5 was lame, but audiences liked it. It would have opened higher than 30m if not for the variant but nevertheless legged decently.

I think this one could go closer to 40m (of course legs will be lesser but still). Jenna's star increased and the New York setting is a new twist on the franchise

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

If this can match the last film's gross, I would consider that a huge win. I do wonder though if Jenna is actually going to be a bigger draw for 2023 audiences than Neve Campbell would have been (I know that sounds blasphemous but just speaking box office-wise).

Think is if they kept the budget low..which they should be able to do, no reason to give a scream movie a big budget, it will make a nice profit just from the horror movie fanbase alone.

If you have a low budget, a horror movie is the safest film investment you can make. The base will big enough, to ,worst case scenario, at least see you get your money back.

10 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Wasn’t Covid a thing during Scream 5s release? I recall people wanting it to go to streaming as they didn’t want to see it in theaters due to covid

Yeh that’s what I was saying, Scream 5 had to deal with the peak of Omicron on opening weekend. 

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Think is if they kept the budget low..which they should be able to do, no reason to give a scream movie a big budget, it will make a nice profit just from the horror movie fanbase alone.

If you have a low budget, a horror movie is the safest film investment you can make. The base will big enough, to ,worst case scenario, at least see you get your money back.

I hope they’ve kept it reasonable. The fact that the shot in Canada instead of New York makes me think that they did. I’m guessing $30m or less. Scream 5 was $24m, Scream 4 was $40m. 

8 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Wasn’t Covid a thing during Scream 5s release? I recall people wanting it to go to streaming as they didn’t want to see it in theaters due to covid

it wasn't much of a factor in the US, zero restrictions, horror fans are dedicated and at least show up opening weekend