Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I know social media is a bubble but I've been seeing a lot of viral posts/memes on Twitter and TikTok. The franchise definitely seems to be revitalized, and Ortega's newfound starpower will only help. I could definitely see it doing better than S5.

Yeh I find it hard to comment, because I follow lots of horror accounts. Needless to say it’s everywhere today. 

“Scream VI” and “Gale” were on the general trends list on Twitter earlier too. 

14.5m views on Twitter

2m on Instagram

3m on YouTube 

Jenna Ortega has still to post it to her socials, so those instagram numbers will explode I’m sure. 

Edited by Krissykins

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I find it hard to comment, because I follow lots of horror accounts. Needless to say it’s everywhere today. 

“Scream VI” and “Gale” were on the general trends list on Twitter earlier too. 

14.5m views on Twitter

2m on Instagram

3m on YouTube 

Jenna Ortega has still to post it to her socials, so those instagram numbers will explode I’m sure. 

It has 16.2 million views on TikTok (and almost 1 million likes) already, too. And it's only on Paramount's account, not the official Scream account yet.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I barely remember anything about the last one and that was only a few years ago.  I don't think anyone expects another Scream movie to be as good as the first one but if this can get close to 2 and 4 that would be a huge win imo.

A few years? It was literally a year ago :hahaha:

I remain by my opinon that Scream 5 is very good. Its not perfect, no Scream movie besides the first one is, but its a lot of fun.

Also, without Scream 5 that revitalized interest in this series, we woudnt get this one.

Scream

Scream 2

Scream 4

Scream 3

Scream 5

Although I should preface that with the fact that I like all 5 and don’t actually think there’s “bad” one among them. Scream 3 is a film I respect more in recent years because of how it has the balls to actively criticise Harvey Weinstein right under his nose. Plus, the “Bomb” fax and Parker Posey are undeniably hilarious.

1. Scream

2. Scream 4

3. Scream 2

4. Scream 5

5. Scream 3

4, 5, and 2 are very close. Scream 4 came out when I was 21 and was the first one I got to follow the release of and see in theatres so it has a special place in my heart.

Edited by Taylor
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Taylor said:

It has 16.2 million views on TikTok (and almost 1 million likes) already, too. And it's only on Paramount's account, not the official Scream account yet.

Up to 45 million views on TikTok. Wild. 

• Astonished 1

Scream 4 actively feels like a Kevin Williamson script one line and then an Ethren Kruger script the next. It has high highs but the lows are the lowest of the series. 

Scream 3 is kinda awful but it commits to the Scooby Doo camp and is better for it. Parker Posey and Courteney Cox together is dynamite.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, Taylor said:

1. Scream

2. Scream 4

3. Scream 2

4. Scream 5

5. Scream 3

4, 5, and 2 are very close. Scream 4 came out when I was 21 and was the first one I got to follow the release of and see in theatres so it has a special place in my heart.

Same here! it was the first I was able to see in cinemas too due to age. 

22 hours ago, Taylor said:

Up to 45 million views on TikTok. Wild. 

Wow! 

18 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is there any tracking for this yet?

Not yet, no tickets on sale too probably February 10th I’d guess. And Ant Man just hit tracking this week, so maybe at least another 2-3 weeks before any tracking.