Eric Prime

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No. 90+% on RT and A- and above cinemascore would be enough for a film like this. Not too hard for a 4 quadrant crowd pleaser to get these.

Not even 90%, like a 60% on RT would suffice.

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

They did improve on everything in Venom 2 but getting in on the bit.

Venom 2 had the best romance of any CBM that year. Sorry not sorry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

53 minutes ago, VENOM said:

You guys think everything is mid that’s not getting 99.9999 % out of 100

B+ to any blockbuster is considered mid, it´s not our personal opinion.

But you see, people are capable of think a movie is not that great and still like them and recommend them, is probably what is happening with Uncharted.

For example i think Aquaman is a pretty ok movie when i think about it, and still i found the experience of watching it very pleasing. One thing doesn´t erase the other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TiagoRodrigues said:

Jesus...you guys must miss a lot of movies if you go by scores on websites...

This is a total non sequitur. We're talking about ga reception, nothing to do with seeing it personally.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

B+ to any blockbuster is considered mid, it´s not our personal opinion.

But you see, people are capable of think a movie is not that great and still like them and recommend them, is probably what is happening with Uncharted.

For example i think Aquaman is a pretty ok movie when i think about it, and still i found the experience of watching it very pleasing. One thing doesn´t erase the other.

It ultimately doesn’t matter what name you want to attach to a random number what matters is if it’s a hit and this is a hit.

Edited by VENOM

36 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

It's hard to take the arguments seriously when the same users are defending Venom 2.

Have you heard of the term subjectivity by any chance and what the word means?

Edited by YourMother

25 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was talking about verified audience score

Ah, twas confused. Either way, audiences scores seem mid. 

14 minutes ago, TiagoRodrigues said:

Jesus...you guys must miss a lot of movies if you go by scores on websites...

We are talking about reception not on if a good RT score justifies whether a movie is worth watching. They’re numerous movies that are rotten that I love and numerous movies that are fresh that I hate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VENOM said:

It ultimately doesn’t matter what name you want to attach to a random number what matters is if it’s hit and this is a hit.

But who said Uncharted isn´t a hit? 

Literally everyone is praising the performance and how much better it will be than expected. Data about GP reception is still mid, if the fact that it´s a hit is the only thing that matters why you are trying to make the reception to look better than it actually is?

This could ended up getting good legs, who knows, like i said people can think a movie isn´t very good and still enjoy it.

Edited by ThomasNicole

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

But who said Uncharted isn´t a hit? 

Literally everyone is praising the performance and how much better it will be than expected. Data about GP reception is still mid, if the fact that it´s a hit is the only thing that matters why you are trying to make the reception to look better than it actually is?

This could ended up getting good legs, who knows, like i said people can think a movie isn´t very good and still enjoy it.

Well Deadline said the audience reception was good it’s going to smash all expectations and obviously has good WOM and a 89% audience score or “mid” as you like to call it. 

Edited by VENOM
  • Haha 1