Eric Burnett

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

I mean they can get Robin if they want to get the kids interested. He’s always been the kid surrogate character. And ya know Timothee is a teen heartthrob and is in two big Warner franchises? Why not a third? 🤔

• Astonished 1

42 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

Well, NWH was at ~$303M through opening Friday. So if it played out as NWH has then we'd be looking at a worldwide final of.....

$700M.

Remember to add China since NWH didn't but Batman will. 750M to 800M

7 minutes ago, babz06 said:

They might have to take it back to 90s light hearted Batman if they want kids back. Those films were entrenched in pop culture. Remember Seal’s hit song? 

7 minutes ago, babz06 said:

They might have to take it back to 90s light hearted Batman if they want kids back. Those films were entrenched in pop culture. Remember Seal’s hit song? 

that song was too damn good for that movie. 

• Like 1

it is funny to imagine Seal watching Batman Forever and being inspired to write the best pop song of the 90s but it was a recycled single that flopped the first time he released it and then the second time it went to #1 with the Batman bump. crazy that shit almost slipped through the cracks of music history.

• Like 3

Man, I still think it is waaaaay too early to say much about The Batman's run, but if folks want a blueprint on How To Get Kids/Families interested, it's not like there isn't a blueprint to work off of:

Batman_the_Animated_Series_logo.jpg

We're also right about the time where kids who grew up watching that are becoming movers and shakers inside the entertainment industry.

The B:TAS take on the the Batman character is just as valid as any other.  And one that is prime for a (re)breakthrough with the GA should WB decide to go down that road.  @Cap has been going off an on about re-introducing the Bat Family into the Batman movie-verse, and she ain't wrong.  Especially when it comes to the inherent soap opera like quality to their internal squabbles character hooks the intra-personal dynamics provide that are just ripe for this day and age of social media driven fandom.

Of course ALL of this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too premature.  Just sayin' that there are other tacts WB could take to rope in more kids and whatnot without going back to 90s movie Batman never mind aping MCU or SW or whatever other flavor of the day is in vogue.

NB:

Also, of course, if WB decides to stick to grounded/gritty/"dark" Batsy, that's just as valid.  But to get back to my personal hobbyhorse, just make sure the budget doesn't get out of whack with reasonable revenue that can be expected from such stylistic choices.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AJG said:

This skipped my mind completely. I took the family to watch this like it was Sing 2.

Yeh different rules over here. 

It’s always nice to not have any kids in the cinema though. No offence to parents lol. 

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@Cap has been going off an on about re-introducing the Bat Family into the Batman movie-verse, and she ain't wrong. 

DID SOME SAY DICK GRAYSON?

image.jpeg

I mean, this is my hill that I die on. I am more than happy to wax angrily at how asinine it is that WB flat out refused to acknowledge this character exists. I don’t know if that’s the best thing for the thread, but I am on call!!!!

• Like 3

HBO Max Brazil announced officially The Batman on April 17 in the platform, so yeah we have the date for the 4K links already 

And yes i know it was said the movie would be on HBO 45 days after theatrical release but now it's official and announced by the platform.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

HBO Max Brazil announced officially The Batman on April 17 in the platform, so yeah we have the date for the 4K links already 

And yes i know it was said the movie would be on HBO 45 days after theatrical release but now it's official and announced by the platform.

It was official before this anyway. They always said Batman would be available on the 46 day after OD. Anyone saying otherwise was straight up lying.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cap said:

DID SOME SAY DICK GRAYSON?

image.jpeg

I mean, this is my hill that I die on. I am more than happy to wax angrily at how asinine it is that WB flat out refused to acknowledge this character exists. I don’t know if that’s the best thing for the thread, but I am on call!!!!

He was in the Arkham Knight game and he was good. The game itself was excellent too. 

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh different rules over here. 

It’s always nice to not have any kids in the cinema though. No offence to parents lol. 

Yep. The kids working at London Cinemas do not care about age ratings at all. 

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

He was in the Arkham Knight game and he was good. The game itself was excellent too. 

Yes. But I feel the video games are a different medium/people in charge making decisions. 

2 hours ago, ban1o said:

If I were DC I would be a bit concerned about kids not having interest in Batman. It's important for the future of the brand.My 12 year niece had absolutely no interest in seeing Batman but she went opening day for NWH. Do they have cartoons out?  

the last kid friendly batman was george clooney