Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

14 hours ago, AJG said:

Yep. What are the staff meant to do? 

Refuse entry. That is bizarre though that you’ve seen 7-8 year olds sitting watching a 15, especially in the UK. I’ve never seen it and I go 1-2 times a week. 

I remember having to buy tickets for something else and sneak in. I’ve seen the staff turn people away. Tickets are checked before you enter the corridors for the screens. Staff say no. 

14 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Super early, but let's go with $46m to rev this thread way up.  

:ohmygod:

8 hours ago, AdrianL said:

The first three trailers at my screening of Batman last night; Bob's Burgers, Cyrano (wtf it was literally playing in another auditorium) and then... Bob's Burgers again. Lol was bizarre, I'm guessing they played the wrong files but after we got Jurassic World and others 

We got: Nope, Dr Strange 2, Morbius (this got some unintentional laughs) and Top Gun. Edit: forgot about Fantastic Beasts too (who hasn’t? Ha)

Edited by Krissykins

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

And people doubted Batman 😎

Just wait for those legs now. 400m is pretty much in reach. Biggest DC success since Dark Knight.

Ummm Wonder Woman? Aquaman? I mean Wonder Woman opened with 103M and legs got it to 400+M. That's insane. Aquamn didn't do quite the same domestically but it was crazy in China.

• Like 3

Word of mouth around here and in social media in general is through the roof. The great internal was to be expected and I also expect great legs as it plays through March. Plus I think it will skew older and more women will go out to see it than your typical cbm. It could reach 380M but for now I will say 350M.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

What? 

The demo stats from deadline (really from posttrak) have been remarkably male skewed even for a male starring CBM. Seems to be similar in markets with easily available gender data, though I can’t formally rule out a very male heavy performance DOM+Asia and female strength in Europe.

Edited by Villain Legion

17 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

The demo stats from deadline (really from posttrak) have been remarkably male skewed even for a male starring CBM. Seems to be similar in markets with easily available gender data, though I can’t formally rule out a very male heavy performance DOM+Asia and female strength in Europe.

Really? Well fuck. Guess the twilight crowd truly outgrew their RPatz obsession.

33 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Word of mouth around here and in social media in general is through the roof. The great internal was to be expected and I also expect great legs as it plays through March. Plus I think it will skew older and more women will go out to see it than your typical cbm. It could reach 380M but for now I will say 350M.

Social media can be a bubble. Seen mostly praise like you, but I've also seen a notable amount say it was boring or overhyped, they fell asleep or people in their theatre walked out. Worth keeping in mind. Think despite the condescending DC fans saying young people wouldn't like this because they only like MCU jokes, young people (not including kids and under 16s) seem to be the ones that liked it most (might also be because it's the first one to come out that many can remember, I wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly older people who've seen half a dozen Batman movies in their lifetime or loved Bale that may be less enthusiastic, kind of like how people who were kids when the Tobey was Spider-man came out can't warm to Andrew or Tom no matter what).  Anyway, per deadline...

A heavily male crowd here for The Batman at 67%, with the roaring moviegoing 18-34 crowd repping 62%, per PostTrak. Diversity draw was 41% Caucasian, 26% Latino and Hispanic, 17% Black, and 16% Asian/other. CinemaScore audience diagnostics are showing males at 65%, giving the movie an A-, females a B+ at 35%. Those over 35 repped 31% of the crowd, while those over 50 showed up at 11%. A-s grades largely throughout all demos.

15 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Really? Well fuck. Guess the twilight crowd truly outgrew their RPatz obsession.

Just gotta get Kstew in the sequel and then we’re really cooking :jeb!:

• Haha 1