Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Blackkklansman in my eyes, is certainly one of the worst best picture nominees. A movie exists only to criticise trump’s America without a proper plot to dissect black dilemma in the country. It is like a don’t look up but talk about racial tension.  

And it was made worse by having Spike Lee rant that his didnt win. Sometimes you have to accept that your film wasnt as good or moving as others tackling similar subject matters

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I suspect that the way Batman's performance this weekend will basically be its performance for its entire run. Wouldn't be surprised with a second weekend in the 60-65M range. Could still see a 380M final but gonna say 350-380M for now.

Can't believe a single movie already gross 50% of WB's total box office gross in 2021. 

On 3/3/2022 at 9:18 PM, TwoMisfits said:

I agree in part.  I purposely booked a Saturday 2pm viewing b/c with previews running 25-30 minutes before a movie, this will be a 3.5 hour experience.  And I need to eat and sleep and find time in my schedule.  So, I expect Saturday (and even Sunday) to be a very, very good day.  I don't expect weeknights to be as good b/c this movie is asking for so much time and attention.  Uncharted was an hour shorter - that's more weeknight doable...

So, it seems my past self nailed how the weekend was gonna go....

1 hour ago, Villain Legion said:

Got crushed by a local biopic in Turkey too. 

Its opening weekend (329K admissions) is still very good even in the face of competition. Big, but not quite mega-event capefilms tend to open in that vicinity (300K-400K range) anyway. Ragnarok (280K), Captain Marvel (402K) and Venom 1 (302K) opened to similar numbers.

It's the third biggest opening for DC there after BvS (513K) and Joker (385K). The latter was also released alongside a big local film much like this Batman reboot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Its opening weekend (329K admissions) is still very good even in the face of competition. Big, but not quite mega-event capefilms tend to open in that vicinity (300K-400K range) anyway. Ragnarok (280K), Captain Marvel (402K) and Venom 1 (302K) opened to similar numbers.

It's the third biggest opening for DC there after BvS (513K) and Joker (385K). The latter was also released alongside a big local film much like this Batman reboot.

Ah, some actual context. Always nice to have. Thank you. 

There is a Batman OS thread for those who wish to discuss which countries it didn’t hit #1 in. 

This is the thread to discuss the film being underestimated by $6m on Sunday :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah, some actual context. Always nice to have. Thank you. 

There is a Batman OS thread for those who wish to discuss which countries it didn’t hit #1 in. 

This is the thread to discuss the film being underestimated by $6m on Sunday :) 

Well, I wasn't the one who started the derailing :sparta:

Still, thanks for reminding me that I should probably chime in on that thread.

14 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Revised daily breakdown. 

Mar 3, 2022 P $21,600,000   0     $21,600,000  
Mar 4, 2022 1 $56,600,000   4,417 $12,814   $56,600,000 1
Mar 5, 2022 1 $43,250,000 -24% 4,417 $9,792   $99,850,000 2
Mar 6, 2022 1 $34,150,000 -21% 4,417 $7,731   $134,000,000 3

Even more backloaded after they revise downward Friday number. The Sunday number is only less than 3% from Friday, proving that early fan screening move ran away from Friday and 3 hours run time move more causal into weekend

41 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Well, I wasn't the one who started the derailing :sparta:

Still, thanks for reminding me that I should probably chime in on that thread.

Sorry this wasn’t aimed at you, it was the people discussing the tiny percentage of countries where it didn’t go #1. 

• Like 1