Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Pretty good, that's probably around 19m true Thursday (I can't imagine Wednesday was much gross)

I'm thinking about 18-18.5 yesterday. I had Tuesday at 1.8-2M and Wednesday at 1.2-1.5M. 

Guessing with the 18M figure

36-40M

40-45M

32-35M

130-145M

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

So sub 100m opening isn’t as crazy as it seem. Still unlikely but non longer impossible 

You clearly don't know how box office works. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

As someone who was expecting an opening in the Spider-Man: Homecoming area for a while, this seems like a satisfying number. The numbers for the weekend will paint a clearer picture given that it's such a long movie and is somewhat of an "original" title as a reboot (which tend to be much less frontloaded than sequels).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

So sub 100m opening isn’t as crazy as it seem. Still unlikely but non longer impossible 

I don't think it's possible for this to have a preview multiplier worse than Black Widow... even using around 18m for just Thursday previews, BW multiplier gets it to $109m

• Like 1

Got to check this thread for a sec while I had a minute free at work. Pretty much in line with what the tracking thread said and what I was expecting. Let’s see weekend business now. 

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I highly doubt it will be as preview frontloaded as NWH which had a 5.2 preview to OW multi. Even that gets it 112. 

This will have to be Star Wars level of frontloaded to come in below 100m

PS: counting the whole 21.6m as previews rather than just the pure Thursday previews. 

31 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

I rewatched Titanic recently for the first time in like 15 years and I must say, I do understand its crazy numbers and legs. The movie is insanely watchable.

A true legend, the last of the monsters that shocked the world. A film which its highest grossing day was its 58 th, nothing else to say with this achievement...

Edited by setna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

winner win GIF by #SayItWithPS

Really? Didn't the tracking thread go in on "sub 20M is happening" yesterday with maybe 15-16M true Thursday.

This feels like trying to manufacture a victory. The tracking thread was off here.

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 7

3 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

TDK 18M

BvS 27.7M

TKR 30.1M

SS 20.5M

TB true thursday 17.9M

The other films didn’t have Tuesday or Wednesday previews.

Without those, The Batman’s Thursday would be higher. Obviously. 

• Like 2

Just now, Krissykins said:

The other films didn’t have Tuesday or Wednesday previews.

Without those, The Batman’s Thursday would be higher. Obviously. 

obviously probably  little bit over 20m 

• Like 1