CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

Disappointing, but not unexpected at this point.  Scott clearly had some hand in burying this himself with his influence...but Chappie's relative failure surely didn't help Blomkamp's case...  Too bad, sounded like Weaver was really up for it... Her appearance on Colbert proved she's still passionate about it and can send it up, as well.

But Ridley could have worded it a little more nicely, like... "Neil had some great ideas, but we ultimately decided to go another way."  He's such a sourpuss. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

Prometheus is ambitious even if it didn't work. Alien 3 is a good standalone,, bad sequel, I was so angry after watching it directly after Aliens.

I'd argue that while Alien 3 is a depressing sequel admittedly, it's Assembly Cut at least is a good movie albeit a flawed one and does a lot of really interesting things with Ripley as a character.

I'm always up for another visit with the Alien saga(Predator as well), despite Covenant not being all that awesome.

I know I'm in the minority but I'd really like a third Aliens vs Predator film. Yeah, that second one was bad but I wholly enjoy the first one with no shame!! Bring back Sanaa Lathan I say. She should've been the "Ripley" of an AvP trilogy anyway.