Steele131

Weekend thread (3/11 - 3/13) | The Batman 66M. 50% drop, 2nd-biggest second weekend for WB | Uncharted 9.25, BTS 6.85, Dog 5.35, NWH 4.07

I’ve never seen anyone in here wish death upon a public figure, but I have seen it on the internet in general. So let’s just say, that we can agree that someone is a shitty human being while also not “wishing death” upon them. Anyone who isn’t able to do both shouldn’t be on the internet lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

You're right. We should compromise and say that all three suck :)

Yeah, let's compare a rapist and physical abusers to Rowling. Because that's fair and logical!

• Like 2

Just now, Noctis said:

Yeah, let's compare a rapist and physical abusers to Rowling. Because that's fair and logical!

You're right. It is fair and logical. Transphobes are just as awful as rapists and abusers. A perfect fit!

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 8
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

You're right. It is fair and logical. Transphobes are just as awful as rapists and abusers. A perfect fit!

You honestly think Rowling is the equivalent of a rapist and an abuser? I'm actually legit curious right now. 

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

You honestly think Rowling is the equivalent of a rapist and an abuser? I'm actually legit curious right now. 

Yeah. She's a transphobe. And transphobes suck. I don't know what else to tell you dude.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Just now, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Yeah. She's a transphobe. And transphobes suck. I don't know what else to tell you dude.

You clearly need to learn a lesson in being realistic and honest about the world you live in. You are part of the reason why so many people despise trans activists - literally comparing people to rapists. 

There is zero nuance in the way you speak, and the way you view the world. It's incredible how you can't see that the way you talk does trans people no benefits.

• Like 8
  • Knock It Off 2

23 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Fucking hysterical how some sobbed over Kobe Bryant and are upset over this guy who are both known abusers yet wish death and destruction upon Rowling.

A sick, twisted society we live in.

Did you really pivot the talk about Will Hurt's death to whine about JK Rowling? This is like a parody of a Noctis post.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Did you really pivot the talk about Will Hurt's death to whine about JK Rowling? This is like a parody of a Noctis post.

You bitches don't respect.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Man... This page of the thread is really something. The topic is about the box office weekend and there were fights envolving JK Rowling, Kobe Bryant, William Hurt, an avaluation and analysis regarding the moral and ethical weights in being a rapist, an abuser and a transpobhic and all this just to finish with Tom Brady coming back of the retirement. All of that in one page LOL

• Haha 3

The Batman Sunday night report, Salt Lake Cinemark Sugarhouse.

Final sales for shows through 7:00 PM.

Today: 535

Last Sunday: 718

Week over week change: -25.5%

Comp using last Sunday's national total: $25.43M

So obviously, I'm not gonna bite on that comp, but I also think WB is up to their usual shenanigans with a predicted drop down to $18.6. I'm going to stay conservative and go with a Sunday finish of $21-21.5 for a fantastic second weekend of $68.5-69M. 

Now on to the important business of watching Spielberg's WSS remake for the first time. 💃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

They really missed the opportunity to give this a whole wide release and more than just one showtime day.

These kids today deserve to have their equivalent of those 3D concert movies that came out 10 years ago. I still remember going to see the Hannah Montana 3D concert movie way back in the day. Blew my 10-year-old mind away.

I don't know the detail, but from what I've seen, wasn't the point of this event live viewing, like watching a concert live? Hence the 1 limited live viewing showtime, plus a 1 repeat show.  At least that's how it was held here.

6 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

The Batman Sunday night report, Salt Lake Cinemark Sugarhouse.

Final sales for shows through 7:00 PM.

Today: 535

Last Sunday: 718

Week over week change: -25.5%

Comp using last Sunday's national total: $25.43M

So obviously, I'm not gonna bite on that comp, but I also think WB is up to their usual shenanigans with a predicted drop down to $18.6. I'm going to stay conservative and go with a Sunday finish of $21-21.5 for a fantastic second weekend of $68.5-69M. 

Now on to the important business of watching Spielberg's WSS remake for the first time. 💃

Wasn't your yesterday comp actually pretty accurate? If I remember was actually smaller than the real numbers.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

When Noctis pivots a morbid discussion to JK Rowling somehow:

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, MrPink said:

When Noctis pivots a morbid discussion to JK Rowling somehow:

when people are talking about sexual assault and transphobia in a thread meant to discuss box office numbers.

• Like 3