Eric Furiosa

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

3 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

If adventure movies are doing this well, then perhaps it’s time to finish up that Tomb Raider sequel and market the heck out of it, your move Warner Bros 👀

WB don't have a role in the Tomb Raider sequel I think. It's MGM, which now means Amazon.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'll throw out a Top Gun 2 prediction...TMobile runs a $4 ticket deal to bring in the teens/young adults/young adults with kids, the oldsters buy tickets b/c they've been waiting for years for this, and kids come along for the ride...

For the 4 day Memorial Day weekend, $60M.  Maybe even a little higher.

If you're gonna fly, fly high!

Just give me 2 hours of dog fighting and I am there opening night. I am sure there will others like me dragging their partners or older folks nostalgic and bringing their kids into it.

Maverick Topgun GIF - Maverick Topgun - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

Top Gun - by far my most anticipated film event of the year. Feel like we’ve waited forever for it. It’ll be proper ‘make a grown man cry’ stuff for me.  Break out Take My Breath Away with Cruise on the bike and I’ll be a mess. 
Fingers crossed all of the buzz about its quality transpires. 

Great opening for Lost City. Another step towards some kind of normal resuming for the box office stateside.  Agree with others, Sonic is going to shock the industry with how big it opens.  Go Paramount. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flopped said:

It's now fair to say that Sandra Bullock is the biggest female box office star of the last 30+ years. Julia Roberts' peak from 1990-2000 is unmatched but Sandra's longevity gives her the edge. And obviously no one today compares. 

Yep. Julia hit it big about 5 years earlier, but Sandra has stayed big 20 years longer.

4 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Look closer. Cruise has lines/slight sagging around the mouth and neck that show how his age.

LMFAO

I don't need to look closely LOL the dude does not look 56 years old. I'm 50 and I look older than he does. Obviously Hollywood elites have access to things that we don't but regardless of what he has access to the guy still looks amazing regardless of what age he is 

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

LMFAO

I don't need to look closely LOL the dude does not look 56 years old. I'm 50 and I look older than he does. Obviously Hollywood elites have access to things that we don't but regardless of what he has access to the guy still looks amazing regardless of what age he is 

I am sure there are some age transferring machines in the back of the Scientology HQ where younger members are sacrificed at the altar of Cruise. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

LMFAO

Cruise the person looks close to his age. Cruise in films obviously is dolled up and looks 40-45ish max. Cruise is definitely aging better than Brad Pitt, though. Yeah, he looks about 60 in the face.

SPL5142257_020.jpg?w=1800&q=50&fm=jpg&fl

4 hours ago, Flopped said:

It's now fair to say that Sandra Bullock is the biggest female box office star of the last 30+ years. Julia Roberts' peak from 1990-2000 is unmatched but Sandra's longevity gives her the edge. And obviously no one today compares. 

She is.

I feel for Julia it’s by choice that she isn’t huge anymore? She turned down The Blind Side and The Proposal, both would’ve been huge for her.