AniNate

Civil War | A24 | Alex Garland action thriller | 04/12/2024

I don’t know how sentiment in the US is but I sure want to see this. I could genuinely see this becoming a hit for A24, opening in the mid-20s range. That being said, if WOM is terrible it’ll collapse after that.

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I don’t know how sentiment in the US is but I sure want to see this. I could genuinely see this becoming a hit for A24, opening in the mid-20s range. That being said, if WOM is terrible it’ll collapse after that.

I mean this is a cool interesting movie concept that  I am interested in seeing.

I am sure it will draw a lot of controversy. 

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

Id be alittle surprised if this opened in the mid 20s. Do people really want to see this during an election year? Seems a little too real. 

I would have written this off entirely if Alex Garland wasn't responsible for the script AND directing. That being said, if controversy is what they're aiming for, it could backfire. We'll find out closer to release.

I'm not expecting another "Everything Everywhere All at Once" scenario with this movie, but I've been wrong plenty of times.

I'll see this but I'm definitely bracing myself for another Men at the box office. Tbh the most recent trailer looked a lot schlockier than I was hoping. Fortunately it seems Garland has friends in high places at A24 since he's got another project lined up now

On 12/16/2023 at 3:05 PM, babz06 said:

I don’t see what’s so crazy about Texas and California being allies in this. Texas has gotten more purple these days.

I keep on hearing that Texas is truning purple, but it keeps on being the reddeest of the Red States. Sorry not buying  a alliance of California and Texas.

And btw, you could have nasty civil war without sucession...in face if there is Civil War 2 in the US I think that is how it would unfold.. a struggle over who controls the central government, more like the Spanish Civil War then the US CIvil WaR.