AniNate

Civil War | A24 | Alex Garland action thriller | 04/12/2024

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Having seen a screening for it, the trailer is misleading. It's more of a drama with horror elements than an action movie. 

I'd personally put it below Ex Machina, maybe around Annihilation, but way above Men in terms of rankings for Garland movies. 

Completely missed Men.

All the talk about California and Texas fight alongside is absurd is an absurdity itself.

Aren’t California and Texas in one nation? If two hates each other so much, why not just split the country? And let the rest of the world to finally get over the so called “most powerful nation” in the world, USA number 1 BS, when the two biggest state don’t even want to be seen a single entity of each other. 

19 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This looks pretty schlocky, but if the trailer is misleading, then I’ll be interested to see how the actual movie plays out. All I know is that the idea of California and Texas working together is hilariously absurd. 

They could work together in the future as they run out of water or their shitty electriacal systems collapse lol 

On 12/14/2023 at 5:31 AM, TomThomas said:

Budget is 75 mln, the most expensive A24 movie.

Let Garland cook, I say. Apparently he's done directing for awhile after this regardless, so I appreciate that A24 gave him that kind of latitude.

These are the kinds of perceived "bad investments" I'd like to see Hollywood make more of.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2023 at 10:58 PM, eddyxx said:

There's a Divide New York State Caucus but that doesn't mean NY would believably partner with Mississippi in a Civil War.

22 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

All the talk about California and Texas fight alongside is absurd is an absurdity itself.

Aren’t California and Texas in one nation? If two hates each other so much, why not just split the country?

Well, we had an actual Civil War about that ...