AniNate

Civil War | A24 | Alex Garland action thriller | 04/12/2024

The Irony is the prodicers of this film, from what I have read, have soft peddeled any  reference to contemporaty politics in the ifllm.

Of course I am cynical enough to think the studio is happy  about the fuss, it is giving them the kind of free publicity they could not afford to buy in real life.

Pretty sure it will end up being ja semi post apoclyptic shoot em up with a gimmick.

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

I believe we might owe Grace an apology here. Where there is smoke, there is fire

))

Funny. Did they watch different movies?

Really seems like descriptions "film does not take a clear political stand" are true and most people will see what they want to see

Edited by cinema pal

People are very good at reading things into movies that are not really there.

The baddies in this seem to be like those in the Hunger Games movies. evil rulers who politica are vague enough to you can read into them any ppolitical group you don't like.

Ah, well, I dropped any hope of this bein halfway revelent when I read that California and Texas were allies....

27 minutes ago, Becker said:

She realizes this is fiction, right? Or can she not comprehend?

It's Grace Randolph, what do you expect?

Sasha Stone is a total right wing nutbag and yet another of about 10000 examples of how Hollywood not only tolerates but elevates conservatives way more than the narrative claims.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

18 hours ago, AMCTheater2000 said:

is she mad that war crimes are committed in the film? That she doesn’t think are possible? Some one show her recent news headlines.

Just back from seeing this in IMAX and it was …. Incredible. 

I’m not into war films, at all. But this is something entirely fresh. 

If anyone is offended or saying the film is representing this group or that group it’s 100% on them and they’re just projecting. 

It’s hard to watch and there is so much harrowing stuff in here. But that’s what war is and this is anti war, not anti anyone in particular. 

My palms were sweating, I was jumping and wincing and it’s just terrific. 

5/5.

• Like 5

Guess will have to judge the movie on its own.

As for grace Randolph. She always blows shit out of proportion.

She clearly wanted to it to be something it wasn't meant to be.

" Refused to take a stand" .......

Edited by Liiviig 1998

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sasha Stone is a total right wing nutbag and yet another of about 10000 examples of how Hollywood not only tolerates but elevates conservatives way more than the narrative claims.

well, not really, I've been reading her for more than 10 years. She was liberal once and now she identifies in the middle (kinda, but  not really, hehe). Sasha just don't like people on the left right now and fighting 'hive mind' of twitter ))