YM!

April 22-24th Weekend thread | Northman conquers $5m Friday, Mr. Wolf’s fine ass and The Bad Guys steal $8m, and Unbearable Talent has an unbearable start at $3m

1 hour ago, Eevin said:

weekdays updated again for EEAAO and they are once again fucking great. 899k on thursday. i don’t think another increase this weekend is off the table, 5m+ definitely looking likely. 

That would put 50M/Uncut Gems numbers on the table :ohmygod:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

My mom, grandmother, and I just got out of ambulance. She was going to take grandma to see father Stu. She asked if I wanted to go, and I was like no but do you want to go see the new Michael Bay movie instead? So I consider that my good deed for the weekend. 

It was a mixed bag. Grandma did not like it, she thought it was too loud. Mom loved it. I thought it was pretty good, but it literally gave me a headache because the editing and camera work was so manic. definitely one of bay’s better movies. Eiza Gonzalez was on fire, and should be cast in everything. 

Now with my friends and I are off to the Nic Cage movie. I’m very excited for the Memes.

I also might go to the movies more this weekend that I have for the entire year, because I still really want to see Northman, and I might double feature with Bad Guys to support my furry friends.

Just need to figure out if we’re going to do it on Sunday or if that is going to be a discount Tuesday plan

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cap said:

My mom, grandmother, and I just got out of ambulance. She was going to take grandma to see father Stu. She asked if I wanted to go, and I was like no but do you want to go see the new Michael Bay movie instead? So I consider that my good deed for the weekend. 

It was a mixed bag. Grandma did not like it, she thought it was too loud. Mom loved it. I thought it was pretty good, but it literally gave me a headache because the editing and camera work was so manic. definitely one of bay’s better movies. Eiza Gonzalez was on fire, and should be cast in everything. 

Now with my friends and I are off to the Nic Cage movie. I’m very excited for the Memes.

I also might go to the movies more this weekend that I have for the entire year, because I still really want to see Northman, and I might double feature with Bad Guys to support my furry friends.

Just need to figure out if we’re going to do it on Sunday or if that is going to be a discount Tuesday plan

Go see Northman and witness greatness.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, YourMother said:

So for sacrifices tonight, would shirtless Mr. Wolf pictures or shirtless Sam Rockwell would be most appropriate for our gods?

Dancing Sam Rockwell is sufficient 

Spoiler

for me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Will Northman do 10m yall think? I'm gonna see it on sunday with a friend.

Should be easily over 10M with 1,3M previews, probably something like 15-18M.

As a completely originial film, theres no rush factor and hence, there should be very little frontloading. And while i dont think it will have good WOM among the GA, that shoudnt matter too much for the OW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

as soon as i saw that clip of nic cage watching paddington 2 i was like damn bro you really made this film just for the letterboxd geeks huh? 85% of those guys pirate everything anyway.

Definitely a movie made by someone that browses r/moviescirclejerk daily.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

as soon as i saw that clip of nic cage watching paddington 2 i was like damn bro you really made this film just for the letterboxd geeks huh? 85% of those guys pirate everything anyway.

Excuse me! I’m not a pirate 🤓 

Isn’t something like Wonder Park, an original, animated, younger-skewing - and ultimately forgettable - Spring release a better analog than the Adams Family type comps that are being thrown around? Would suggest an OW in the neighborhood of $25 million, rather than $30+

15 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Not that I expected Massive Talent to make gangbusters, but it under-performing has been par for the course with Lionsgate. Feels like Boderlands and Expendables 4  are bound to underperform. Maybe Apple will buy them.

I keep forgetting how Expendables 4 filmed. Stallone wasn't involved in the writing. It's directed by the guy who made the Need For Speed movie. And the big cast additions are... 50 Cent and Megan Fox.. yeah, really nailed the core value of the franchise's intent

What a quick death for a promising franchise. I doubt even Statham can save 4.