YM!

April 22-24th Weekend thread | Northman conquers $5m Friday, Mr. Wolf’s fine ass and The Bad Guys steal $8m, and Unbearable Talent has an unbearable start at $3m

26 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Current live action original films (not counting books, remakes ala WSS)

1. Free Guy- 121m

2. The Lost City- 81m

3. Dog- 61.5m

4. Tenet- 58.5m

5. House of Gucci (true story)- 53.8m

6. Nobody- 27.5m

7. Wrath of Man- 27.4m

8. American Underdog (true story)- 26.5m

9. Respect- (true story) 24.2m

10. Marry Me- 22.4m (graphic novel?)

Everything Everywhere currently is 21.5m. 

Compared to adaptations, etc

Old- 48.2m (book)

West Side Story- 38.5m (remake/adaptation)

In the Heights- 29.9m  (adaptation)

Unhinged- 20.8m

Licorice Pizza- 17.3m

The Green Knight- 17.1m

French Dispatch- 16.1m

Channing Tatum. His power :ohmygod:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Maggie said:

‘The Bad Guys’ Doing Good At The Weekend Box Office With $21M+ Opening

https://deadline.com/2022/04/box-office-northman-bad-guys-unbearable-weight-of-massive-talent-1235007973/

Fuck reality crashing in. Though I do think it’s possible a handful of films do better at the night, as DHD tends to lowball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Fuck reality crashing in. Though I do think it’s possible a handful of films do better at the night, as DHD tends to lowball.

Who knows maybe EC will project higher numbers for the films involved, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Who knows maybe EC will project higher numbers for the films involved, right?

Save us @EmpireCity

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I knew it was all too good to be true.

1 minute ago, watcher1232 said:

Lol the usual group dooming and glooming over Deadline numbers of all things. 

I’m not dooming and glooming lmfao.

Northman is still a flop that loses money but it will do as well as it could have which is much better than expected. The double digits Ow basically guarantees it will finish as a top 10 "original" live action post pandemic film. mid teens OW means 40s domestic, right? It shouldn't under a multiplier under 2.5

All of this numbers looks lowballed and honestly i don't know why people still take early Deadline numbers in consideration. 

I mean they don't even talk about Friday numbers, just a projection for the weekend based on nothing strong.

They could be right of course, but pure for lucky if happen.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’m not dooming and glooming lmfao.

You literally are

22 minutes ago, YourMother said:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Northman is still a flop that loses money but it will do as well as it could have which is much better than expected. The double digits Ow basically guarantees it will finish as a top 10 "original" live action post pandemic film. mid teens OW means 40s domestic, right? It shouldn't under a multiplier under 2.5

Good omen for other movies. Basically guarantees Elvis will open above 20 million.

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, watcher1232 said:

You literally are

So me acknowledging my expectations were a bit too high and acknowledging that Deadline lowballs so there could be an uptick is dooming and glooming. Nowhere did I say films were having bad drops or doing bad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Why panic over Deadline? 

Why not? Deadline has proven time and time again to be humongously accurate in their predictions over the years. :qotd:

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

So me acknowledging my expectations were a bit too high and acknowledging that Deadline lowballs so there could be an uptick is dooming and glooming. Nowhere did I say films were having bad drops or doing bad.

Why would you even call it 'reality setting in' over Deadline? You're not making sense. If it was one of the insiders on here then yeah sure, but it wasn't. 

Northman could make 20 million this weekend and it would still be a massive financial disaster. I still don't quite understand who sat down with a spreedsheat and said yeah, let's give him 70 million, that math works out. Then give him 20 million more to finish it. Seemed like bad business from the start.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1