Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

35 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

I do wanna know what were the pre-release expectations were because I avoided basically everything except the main teaser/trailer/poster and it does feel like it has a lot of cameos and sets up +10 Marvel properties. If anything, my main criticism about the movie is that it feels a bit too Ultron-ish in that sense. 

But I have also seen an overwhelmingly positive reaction from the Wanda stans so who knows. I'd totally love a WandaVision 2nd season exploring the aftermath for that Wanda (which could be a soft reboot, explore the Magneto relationship and evil Wanda can return for whatever massive crossover event this is clearly leading up to)

Olsen just signed a contract with Marvel, so you will get lots more Wanda, though whether it is a second season  on Disney Plus or a solo move reamains to be seen an probably depends on the box office for this movie.

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Avatar 2 got some murmurs, but Jurassic World, Lightyear and especially Thor got a lot more

They didn’t even show Lightyear at mine. 

Jurassic World Dominion

Top Gun Maverick

Thor 4 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Just going to put it out there, you could just... get your ticket refunded if you leave before the film actually starts lmao

Let's not take the obvious fan wars bait, shall we?

32 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Olsen just signed a contract with Marvel, so you will get lots more Wanda, though whether it is a second season  on Disney Plus or a solo move reamains to be seen an probably depends on the box office for this movie.

Looks like things really went off the rails. 1 week ago we were maybe looking at 215-230M OW

Now we're looking at a 180-190M OW. So sad and disappointing. Not even low 200M.

Hopefully Feige gets better writers. 

Waldron needs to go. Idk what happened to this movie. 

They promised so much and delivered to little. The movie shouldn't have the title it has. 

Wonder how much they bogged down the scope of the movie with the massive reshoots. And why they did it? 

I think the Universe is getting to big, to many shows and storylines, it's getting overwhelming. And today it totally feels quantity over quality. 

Miss the times when it was the movies only. God what happened to the good writers Feige used to have?

I also fear they may be pushing some agendas in some very eye rolling ways. I mean, they are. But I think... I mean, it all comes down to the writing. They just do it in such cringe and poorly written way. I think Feige doesn't know how to make new good female characters. Other than Layla. Until she became an avatar... felt to rushed and forced imo. I think it's becoming so jarring. Even I am starting to feel that. Me. A guy that has argued and still do with the pathetic "woke" crowd. It's becoming a bit difficult not to see this...and to ignore it. It doesn't feel natural. Like... how all of a sudden there will be LGBTQ characters in almost every project? 

Btw. In MoM, there was TO MANY JOKES. Very poorly placed. In places where there shouldn't be forced jokes. And this continuing on doubling down on the formula and trying to be a director authentic movie just makes it all a mess. Eternals and now this. Feige just just keep the formula because that's when the MCU shines. Not when it tries to mix directors visions that just bogs everything down so that he can say they have a artistic vision. 

And my fear is that... I stop getting excited for the MCU. Thor 4 NEEDS to be good. Ms Marvel smells like another trimmed down 4 hour movie and called a TV show that will be disappointing. But I still feel the need to sit down for it even tho I'm not excited. 

And they are making us invest our time in these mid shows to then take a shit on them.

DS2 was so poorly written. 

This is nothing next to the Steve Rogers and Tony Stark era. The only Phase 4 projects that I found to be legit good, were Shang-Chi and No Way Home. They felt like really well executed CBM movies. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3

I loved stuff like the music battle and the zombie Strange, some creative and memorable visuals and cool moments. But the rest of the movie just felt like a bunch of crap being shoved onto the screen in a directionless way. Probably my least favorite MCU movie. 

Also Wanda's arc in this was just really poorly done and Olsen didn't help with how OTT her performance was. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I loved stuff like the music battle and the zombie Strange, some creative and memorable visuals and cool moments. But the rest of the movie just felt like a bunch of crap being shoved onto the screen in a directionless way. Probably my least favorite MCU movie. 

Also Wanda's arc in this was just really poorly done and Olsen didn't help with how OTT her performance was. 

Over Thor: The Dark World!?

6 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

The weird thing is at points she was doing it as how she usually does it (Wanda's intro, alternate Wanda) and then others it was like you said really over the top?

My updated rankings (of the films only)....

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Avengers: Endgame
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Spider-Man: No Way Home
6. Marvel's The Avengers
7. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Iron Man
10. Captain America: Civil War
11. Black Panther
12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
13. Eternals 
14. Doctor Strange
15. Spider-Man: Homecoming
16. Thor
17. Spider-Man: Far From Home
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
20. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 
21. Captain Marvel
22. Iron Man 3
23. Ant-Man
24. Black Widow
25. Thor: The Dark World
26. The Incredible Hulk
27. Captain America: The First Avenger
28. Iron Man 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

The weird thing is at points she was doing it as how she usually does it (Wanda's intro, alternate Wanda) and then others it was like you said really over the top?

Yeah as soon as the villain reveal happened she just started acting like a completely different person. And I get that they were going for the angle of the Darkhold corrupting her, but I find that type of storytelling device to be cheap and annoying. It really hurt my ability to be sympathetic to her whatsoever because I just couldn't really connect her with the Wanda from previous films and WV. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MultiverseXXR said:
My updated rankings (of the films only)....

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Avengers: Endgame
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Spider-Man: No Way Home
6. Marvel's The Avengers
7. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. Iron Man
10. Captain America: Civil War
11. Black Panther
12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
13. Eternals 
14. Doctor Strange
15. Spider-Man: Homecoming
16. Thor
17. Spider-Man: Far From Home
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
20. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 
21. Captain Marvel
22. Iron Man 3
23. Ant-Man
24. Black Widow
25. Thor: The Dark World
26. The Incredible Hulk
27. Captain America: The First Avenger
28. Iron Man 2

There are 28 of these by now? Sweet Jesus. And I have seen 27 of them in theaters (I have yet to see MoM and won't do it before next weekend).

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There are 28 of these by now? Sweet Jesus. And I have seen 27 of them in theaters (I have yet to see MoM and won't do it before next weekend).

Yep, and there's at least another decade of them to come! By 2030, the list will be about 60-65 films deep.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah as soon as the villain reveal happened she just started acting like a completely different person. And I get that they were going for the angle of the Darkhold corrupting her, but I find that type of storytelling device to be cheap and annoying. It really hurt my ability to be sympathetic to her whatsoever because I just couldn't really connect her with the Wanda from previous films and WV. 

Yeah I didn't like the Darkhold justification either. Agatha had it for hundreds of years and she was no where near as insane as Wanda or the Stranges were under it.

1 minute ago, MultiverseXXR said:

Yep, and there's at least another decade of them to come! By 2030, the list will be about 60-65 films deep.

I hope we get a special celebration for 100, should be by 2040 or so 

Just now, Mulder said:

Yeah I didn't like the Darkhold justification either. Agatha had it for hundreds of years and she was no where near as insane as Wanda or the Stranges were under it.

We didn’t see much of Agatha tbh. It’s possible that the darkhold didn’t push her to do as much because she wasn’t as powerful. Hoping that House of Harkness provides more details on darkhold corruption (and redemption therefrom).

2 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

We didn’t see much of Agatha tbh. It’s possible that the darkhold didn’t push her to do as much because she wasn’t as powerful. Hoping that House of Harkness provides more details on darkhold corruption (and redemption therefrom).

Even with that, I just personally don't think it's interesting as a plot point. I think seeing Wanda slowly but surely get to this point over the course of another movie (if not two) before hitting her Disassembled/House of M personality would've worked better. Have her as an ally of Strange here but slowly but surely growing sick of his rule breaking, his hypocrisy, his arrogance etc while the Darkhold influenced her subtly. 

• Like 2