Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

I don’t like offscreen/speedrun darkhold corruption as a plot point either, but they did it, and now they’ve gotta make it work (which they did not do well in this movie in isolation, so future projects are left to pick up the pieces).

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Yeah I didn't like the Darkhold justification either. Agatha had it for hundreds of years and she was no where near as insane as Wanda or the Stranges were under it.

11 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

We didn’t see much of Agatha tbh. It’s possible that the darkhold didn’t push her to do as much because she wasn’t as powerful. Hoping that House of Harkness provides more details on darkhold corruption (and redemption therefrom).

Yea I didn't get the impression that Agatha had tapped into it much. She was like a first time driver behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car. Can't use it to its full power. 

The first 3 phases were very grounded with power levels and were moving in line for a bigger picture.

The phase 4 has become very comicbooky where anything happens. I was not happy with it initially but after Loki I just decided to not take it seriously. Infinity Stones are nothing but paper weight. Urgh... Fine. Earth is nothing but glorified garden for a Celestial seed. Ok. And in multiverse you have people destroying an entire universe. 

There are scenes in this film I would have nitpicked but since I am not taking multiverse serious at all I didn't really care and was like that may as well happen.

I hope Marvel really step up their game again and actually start telling where is Phase 4 heading, otherwise if they keep  churning out movies like that, it will become very hard for casuals to keep up.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I hope Marvel really step up their game again and actually start telling where is Phase 4 heading

Secret Wars. We got the first inkling of it MOM with the mention of the incursions. 

31 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

I don’t like offscreen/speedrun darkhold corruption as a plot point either, but they did it, and now they’ve gotta make it work (which they did not do well in this movie in isolation, so future projects are left to pick up the pieces).

I think regardless of how they justify it, it's always gonna feel to me like: "Hey we need Wanda to be a murderous villain and we haven't done the groundwork to make it happen, think of a good excuse quick!"

Another thing I didn't liked was vagueness of Wanda's power. Like all she does is shoot red smoke/beams or whatever. 

Dr strange duels in first one or Battle of Titan were really good. Should have done better for Wanda and Strange duels. Didn't like the fights. Marvel is generally really good at duels.

Music note fight was good.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think regardless of how they justify it, it's always gonna feel to me like: "Hey we need Wanda to be a murderous villain and we haven't done the groundwork to make it happen, think of a good excuse quick!"

Well, yeah, because that’s exactly what it was. But you can still do it better or worse.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Now he'll never get too old for that. 

i just look at this new ice age movie on disney+... the animation is terrible, the only actor they got back was simon pegg. like even seann william scott and josh peck were busy? somebody needs to right this ship.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The first 3 phases were very grounded with power levels and were moving in line for a bigger picture.

The phase 4 has become very comicbooky where anything happens. I was not happy with it initially but after Loki I just decided to not take it seriously. Infinity Stones are nothing but paper weight. Urgh... Fine. Earth is nothing but glorified garden for a Celestial seed. Ok. And in multiverse you have people destroying an entire universe. 

There are scenes in this film I would have nitpicked but since I am not taking multiverse serious at all I didn't really care and was like that may as well happen.

I hope Marvel really step up their game again and actually start telling where is Phase 4 heading, otherwise if they keep  churning out movies like that, it will become very hard for casuals to keep up.

Yeah. I think Phase 4 and future of the MCU will be literally the definition of "Quantity over Quality". 

There's just... this huge machine that Feige feels like he needs to feed. It's to much Marvel tho. To many storylines. 

With SO much happening at the same time in this obsessively Shared Universe, the playbox for each project gets thiner and thiner. Feels like there's just so much you can do. 

Which I feel is botching so much the writing of this Phase 4. Doctor Strange 2 felt like a movie that should have been bigger with the direction it was taking but was pulled back because of future plans.