Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

6 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

I also fear they may be pushing some agendas in some very eye rolling ways. I mean, they are. But I think... I mean, it all comes down to the writing. They just do it in such cringe and poorly written way. I think Feige doesn't know how to make new good female characters. Other than Layla. Until she became an avatar... felt to rushed and forced imo. I think it's becoming so jarring. Even I am starting to feel that. Me. A guy that has argued and still do with the pathetic "woke" crowd. It's becoming a bit difficult not to see this...and to ignore it. It doesn't feel natural. Like... how all of a sudden there will be LGBTQ characters in almost every project? 

ur post but unironically:

I went into this with no expectations and didn't know any spoilers.  I really enjoyed and I think that helped.  I'm glad they focused on the main characters instead of making it a cameofest.  Its sad as hell that the selling point of movie's now a days to fans is cameos. 

Wanda was the clear MVP.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

The only time the mcu felt special was in the build-up to The Avengers, back when "blank will return in blank" was new and worth getting excited about

I was a big fan of every early mcu project, but I've pretty much checked out since being disappointed by AoU

…..but the MCU got better after Ultron. Immediately. Starting with Ant-Man

• Like 2

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The first 3 phases were very grounded with power levels and were moving in line for a bigger picture.

The phase 4 has become very comicbooky where anything happens. I was not happy with it initially but after Loki I just decided to not take it seriously. Infinity Stones are nothing but paper weight. Urgh... Fine. Earth is nothing but glorified garden for a Celestial seed. Ok. And in multiverse you have people destroying an entire universe. 

There are scenes in this film I would have nitpicked but since I am not taking multiverse serious at all I didn't really care and was like that may as well happen.

I hope Marvel really step up their game again and actually start telling where is Phase 4 heading, otherwise if they keep  churning out movies like that, it will become very hard for casuals to keep up.

Someone said MCU shows will be the reason for MCU downfall. I disagree, desire & lack of acceptability will be the reason for MCU downfall. Desire to see Doctor Strange & Benedict Cumberbatch as main lead/new RDJ of MCU & lack of acceptability of its actual main lead Captain Marvel. They are trying to build new saga without revealing who is the main lead of new saga which would backfire now as they let them assume that DS is the main lead when he is not & many of them will get disappoint once they know this.

• ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Eevin said:

ur post but unironically:

I really don't mind representation. 

In fact, I think it's very important. 

But the MCU does it in such a... bad and poorly written way. It feels forced. Doesn't feel natural. And I find it annoying because... they seem to want to purposely piss off and fuel the hatred by Republicans. Which is exhausting on it's own. 

Tbh, we had some good characters last year. Yelena is a big W. Kate Bishop is a big W. Shang-Chi is a big W. 

But I feel bad for characters like Echo. Hawkeye failed miserably to make me care about her for a... ECHO SHOW. Like... why. Eternals was sadly... very poorly written. Sylvie is a awful character. Layla started good but.. felt forced in the end. Honestly, Ms Marvel already feels...idk. People are blindly hating already. Even fans. 

And the prospect of them having representation in EVERY project makes worried in terms of... 1)the prospect of making it to much starting to push some away... 2)those characters feeling forced, poorly written. 

• Knock It Off 2

11 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Someone said MCU shows will be the reason for MCU downfall. I disagree, desire & lack of acceptability will be the reason for MCU downfall. Desire to see Doctor Strange & Benedict Cumberbatch as main lead/new RDJ of MCU & lack of acceptability of its actual main lead Captain Marvel. They are trying to build new saga without revealing who is the main lead of new saga which would backfire now as they let them assume that DS is the main lead when he is not & many of them will get disappoint once they know this.

Hmn... no. 

It will be the flood of content making a new movie... just another project. 

But mainly, the downfall of quality in these projects. 

I think the MCU runs the risk of starting to be seen as highly mediocre, some people just feeling tired of it. 

• Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Hmn... no. 

It will be the flood of content making a new movie... just another project. 

But mainly, the downfall of quality in these projects. 

I think the MCU runs the risk of starting to be seen as highly mediocre, some people just feeling tired of it. 

MCU biggest strength is connected storyline & people's interest in big cross over movies & to keep them interested in bigger connected storyline acceptability, hype & excitement for its main lead is must. 1 or 2 mediocre movies won't hurt it much but what would hurt it most is lack of acceptability of its main lead. Phase 1-3 was so successful because people were hyped & excited to see Tony Stark/Iron Man as Avengers main lead. Let's see if people accept it's main lead or not & remain interested in connected storyline or not. MCU real test will begin 2023 onwards.

17 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

MCU biggest strength is connected storyline & people's interest in big cross over movies & to keep them interested in bigger connected storyline acceptability, hype & excitement for its main lead is must. 1 or 2 mediocre movies won't hurt it much but what would hurt it most is lack of acceptability of its main lead. Phase 1-3 was so successful because people were hyped & excited to see Tony Stark/Iron Man as Avengers main lead. Let's see if people accept it's main lead or not & remain interested in connected storyline or not. MCU real test will begin 2023 onwards.

Phase 1-3 were so successful because it was only movies. It was quality over quantity. Better movies by far. Better written characters by far. 

Now we have triple the projects, and most are very mediocre. 1 here and there being good. 

Big crossovers can get very old very fast. Before it was huge because the characters were well written and came from good solo projects. Exciting characters. Something it's lacking this Phase 4.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Phase 1-3 were so successful because it was only movies. It was quality over quantity. Better movies by far. Better written characters by far. 

Now we have triple the projects, and most are very mediocre. 1 here and there being good. 

Big crossovers can get very old very fast. Before it was huge because the characters were well written and came from good solo projects. Exciting characters. Something it's lacking this Phase 4.

Most people don't watch MCU shows so it's doesn't matter whether these shows are good or mediocre bc characters of these shows are either supporting characters in movies or rarely villain in movie eg Wanda. Most of the movies main characters are still the same characters which we have seen in phase 3, are you saying they are not exciting anymore?

1 minute ago, Factcheck said:

Most people don't watch MCU shows so it's doesn't matter whether these shows are good or mediocre bc characters of these shows are either supporting characters in movies or rarely villain in movie eg Wanda. Most of the movies main characters are still the same characters which we have seen in phase 3, are you saying they are not exciting anymore?

That's exactly my point. The GA will see WAY TO MANY new characters from the shows that they've never seen before and won't care or have any emotional attachment. 

What I'm saying is, just like with DC, the low quality that is easily felt even in movies (Black Widow, Eternals, Doctor Strange 2) could lead to a dark path

And the mediocre shows can push lots of fans off. I'm feeling exhausted with these shows. And I'm a shill. Or used to be. Idk. Recently, the MCU kinda pisses me off with the mediocrity they put out. With the time that I invest to then be completely underwhelmed by them. 

And again, the new characters are not exciting. They're not well written. They are undeveloped because either the shows are 6 episodes long ONLY and force a big CGI crap in the finale or because... They're just poorly written period. 

I know Secret Wars is coming. But I'm not excited. Because everything is failing to make me excited for what comes next and that makes me sad. 

Phase 4 has been so mediocre that I'm struggling to feel excited even for characters returns. It's just to much mediocrity. 

Maybe it was my mistake to have big expectations for Doctor Strange because of how mediocre Phase 4 has been... but god what a disappointing movie. Script issues are really jarring. 

And because of it... box office results will come well under expectations. Which maybe is a good thing. Idk tbh. B+ CinemaScore. Idk what Feige is thinking...but these series should stop. Marvel Studios has just become a money machine for Disney and there's no going back I fear. And they directly impact the movies because they are canon. And they are now another limitation for the movies sandbox. 

Why is Secret Invasion a series? It's a huge event that will be bogged down to a Nick Fury and Talos show. This thing is a 2-parter potential, with most of the MCU characters. 

13 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

That's exactly my point. The GA will see WAY TO MANY new characters from the shows that they've never seen before and won't care or have any emotional attachment. 

What I'm saying is, just like with DC, the low quality that is easily felt even in movies (Black Widow, Eternals, Doctor Strange 2) could lead to a dark path

And the mediocre shows can push lots of fans off. I'm feeling exhausted with these shows. And I'm a shill. Or used to be. Idk. Recently, the MCU kinda pisses me off with the mediocrity they put out. With the time that I invest to then be completely underwhelmed by them. 

And again, the new characters are not exciting. They're not well written. They are undeveloped because either the shows are 6 episodes long ONLY and force a big CGI crap in the finale or because... They're just poorly written period. 

I know Secret Wars is coming. But I'm not excited. Because everything is failing to make me excited for what comes next and that makes me sad. 

Phase 4 has been so mediocre that I'm struggling to feel excited even for characters returns. It's just to much mediocrity. 

Maybe it was my mistake to have big expectations for Doctor Strange because of how mediocre Phase 4 has been... but god what a disappointing movie. Script issues are really jarring. 

And because of it... box office results will come well under expectations. Which maybe is a good thing. Idk tbh. B+ CinemaScore. Idk what Feige is thinking...but these series should stop. Marvel Studios has just become a money machine for Disney and there's no going back I fear. And they directly impact the movies because they are canon. And they are now another limitation for the movies sandbox. 

Why is Secret Invasion a series? It's a huge event that will be bogged down to a Nick Fury and Talos show. This thing is a 2-parter potential, with most of the MCU characters. 

You saying Eternals, Black Widow & Doctor Strange 2 were low quality but none of Disney+ shows characters appeared in these movies except Wanda who is not an unknown character, so these movies were bad/average not because of Disney+ shows but because of quality of movies itself.

Just now, Factcheck said:

You saying Eternals, Black Widow & Doctor Strange 2 were low quality but none of Disney+ shows characters appeared in these movies except Wanda who is not an unknown character, so these movies were bad/average not because of Disney+ shows but because of quality of movies itself.

What I'm saying regarding Black Widow, Eternals and Doctor Strange 2 is that Marvel is creating a bad track record more than ever. Add the shows... MCU has never been worst than now. 

What I'm saying is MCU is creating this new image and pattern of mediocrity. Of quantity over quality. 

There's to many projects coming out. To many VFX crunch that is being felt in every project. Literally. 

BP2... I would put 10 bucks right on the BP2 VFX being so bad... and ugly... and bland. I think it should move to February. 

Marvel is releasing all these projects because Disney needs and they're not giving them proper time to finish. Like, if you're going to make these incredibly mediocre series, at least put time and effort on the VFX. 

27 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

What I'm saying regarding Black Widow, Eternals and Doctor Strange 2 is that Marvel is creating a bad track record more than ever. Add the shows... MCU has never been worst than now. 

What I'm saying is MCU is creating this new image and pattern of mediocrity. Of quantity over quality. 

There's to many projects coming out. To many VFX crunch that is being felt in every project. Literally. 

BP2... I would put 10 bucks right on the BP2 VFX being so bad... and ugly... and bland. I think it should move to February. 

Marvel is releasing all these projects because Disney needs and they're not giving them proper time to finish. Like, if you're going to make these incredibly mediocre series, at least put time and effort on the VFX. 

If Thor L&T & BP2 also receive B or B+ score & average critics reviews then I would agree with you that MCU phase 4 movies are facing big quality issues, at present I give them benefit of doubt

Edited by Factcheck

16 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

I wanna laugh about something. This belief from people all over that Marvel cannot make a bad movie.

Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, Age of Ultron, Eternals...I mean people need to stop with this belief that Marvel is all quality films cause nah man.

And let's not even bring up the amount of mediocre movies the MCU has dished out.

And this film was very meh. I was hoping for so much more also did they completely crap over the developments in WandaVision? The cameos were severely underwhelming to say the least, they should have done a lot more.

I was hoping for a final showdown between Wanda and Strange and it was as disappointing as the fight between Diana and Maxwell Lord in WW 1984. 

The music note battle was freaking awesome though. 

Also America Chavez was absolutely cringe.

Nah, she was cute. One of the best parts of the movie. Pacing was terrible, though. This felt like a three hour movie instead of two hours.

39 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Somehow I think user @ImNotRacistAtAll may not in fact be super sincere

it also appears people are once again mistaking Cinemascore for whether or not a movie is good.

I saw the movie. And no... I'm being sincere. I'm watching again today in fact. The movie is not good. Imo. And for some reason DS 2 has a B+ score. It's very divisive.