Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

18 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I genuinely did not enjoy it at all..

Script was lazy and CGI / makeup was off. Pacing was also terrible.

What a waste of the cameos to let them all die in 5mins.

I was really hoping to enjoy it because i usually align to the RT scores, but this time I don't get how it is close to 80%??

if you're an mcu movie with less than 80% on rotten tomatoes that means something has gone wrong

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I genuinely did not enjoy it at all..

Script was lazy and CGI / makeup was off. Pacing was also terrible.

What a waste of the cameos to let them all die in 5mins.

I was really hoping to enjoy it because i usually align to the RT scores, but this time I don't get how it is close to 80%??

I watched tons of clips, some in very good quality, and zombie Strange is just terrible CGI. It's funny that this is 2022 and yet decay CGI is just as bad as it was in old aughts movies like The Mummy and The Mummy 2. I felt sorry for Cumberbatch. "Kick that witch's ass" says CGI jaw that didn't even move in sync with words.

Also, too much falling buildings and flying debris that still look completely weightless and fake. And must every scene, even a quiet, reflective one such as Wanda and her sons have a giant CGI vortex in the background? I get it, portals to multiverse and all that, but it's so damn annoying. It annoyed me in Strange vs Strange scene, it annoyed me even more in Wanda with Billy, Tommy and variant Wanda. 

Strange's 3d Eye screaming face is going to be the next popular meme isn't it? It felt made-for-memes.  I sincerely hope that it will get a spot in BOT's pantheon of Emojis when it's no more a spoiler.:hahaha:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I watched tons of clips, some in very good quality, and zombie Strange is just terrible CGI. It's funny that this is 2022 and yet decay CGI is just as bad as it was in old aughts movies like The Mummy and The Mummy 2. I felt sorry for Cumberbatch. "Kick that witch's ass" says CGI jaw that didn't even move in sync with words.

Also, too much falling buildings and flying debris that still look completely weightless and fake. And must every scene, even a quiet, reflective one such as Wanda and her sons have a giant CGI vortex in the background? I get it, portals to multiverse and all that, but it's so damn annoying. It annoyed me in Strange vs Strange scene, it annoyed me even more in Wanda with Billy, Tommy and variant Wanda. 

Strange's 3d Eye screaming face is going to be the next popular meme isn't it? It felt made-for-memes.  I sincerely hope that it will get a spot in BOT's pantheon of Emojis when it's no more a spoiler.:hahaha:

Agreed 100% agreed, like did they run out of budget during post production or what?

Like you said.. The CGI does not feel like a 2022 movie; Zombie Strange was terrible gosh. 😂😂

16 hours ago, wildphantom said:

The illuminati decimation scene I really loved too.  Wanda going full Terminator.  I don’t even know how Raimi got away with it! Black Bolt’s death - brutal! 

What did you not enjoy about this film? 😅

Olsen was great in Illuminati decimation scene even though I found Mr Fantastic dispatch to be cartoonish af and Illuminatis jobbers of NK order. Her "what mouth?" delivery was perfect. She stated a fact, wasn't quippy/smug/snarky. Just a fact. Didn't try to quip Carter after Carter quipped her. She merely cut Carter in half. 

I did like this exchange:

Chavez: Ha!

Wanda: Uh-oh.

So since I can’t say this in the main thread, I’m gonna bring the conversation here. The mixed reviews this is getting or because of the wanda fans. They clearly are not happy with what happened with her character and the decisions that were made. And we’ll see how that affects the long-term legs of the movie.

1 hour ago, Cap said:

So since I can’t say this in the main thread, I’m gonna bring the conversation here. The mixed reviews this is getting or because of the wanda fans. They clearly are not happy with what happened with her character and the decisions that were made. And we’ll see how that affects the long-term legs of the movie.

Nah, reviews are mixed beacuse the lack of a Morbius cameo.

• Like 1

Man, the posters on superherohype sure are pissed off about this movie.👀 they’re calling it iron man 3 all over again. 

wtf is all I can say.
What were they thinking, including such a slap in the face for loyal fans, who wait 10min for the post credit scene…”

17 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Man, the posters on superherohype sure are pissed off about this movie.👀 they’re calling it iron man 3 all over again. 

wtf is all I can say.
What were they thinking, including such a slap in the face for loyal fans, who wait 10min for the post credit scene…”

Marvel fans when the post credits scene is a funny joke instead of teasing gulp shitman

7 hours ago, Grebacio said:

I remember reading rumors about making reshoots to make Wanda less evil. Guess they were BS cause I don't know how she could have been more evil.

Supposedly in an earlier version/draft, she fights main universe Mordo early in the film and decapitates him.

Edited by Orestes

I wanna laugh about something. This belief from people all over that Marvel cannot make a bad movie.

Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, Age of Ultron, Eternals...I mean people need to stop with this belief that Marvel is all quality films cause nah man.

And let's not even bring up the amount of mediocre movies the MCU has dished out.

And this film was very meh. I was hoping for so much more also did they completely crap over the developments in WandaVision? The cameos were severely underwhelming to say the least, they should have done a lot more.

I was hoping for a final showdown between Wanda and Strange and it was as disappointing as the fight between Diana and Maxwell Lord in WW 1984. 

The music note battle was freaking awesome though. 

Also America Chavez was absolutely cringe.

Edited by Cappoedameron

Olsen wasn't around for much of the reshoots.

I saw it again today and the reshoots must have centred around the first third or so of the movie. It really stands apart from rest of it. It's never less than fun, but the pacing is off at times for sure.

My main take away this time was how absolutely glorious that low brass sounded in my cinema. I know Elfman is something of a controversial figure these days, but I can't remember the last time one of these movies wore its score so proudly. Normally composers get a moment or two to stand out but otherwise have to hide or coast. Elfman's score is so prominent from the beginning to the end.

Edited by ddddeeee

Quite enjoyed it. I adore Wanda. She's my favoite character that's still around anyway.  I'm sure some Wanda fans are upset about her being the Big Bad, but I loved it.  This is probably because I don't really care much about the rest of the characters.  Have fun, Queen!  

I was totally spoiled for the movie, but not disappointed by the "lack" of cameos.  There were a ton of cameos!  Sure, not the ones that some people on twitter or reddit claimed we'd get, but that's not the movie's fault.  

There were some parts that didn't work for me. Memory Lane? That was just lazy.  Some of the CGI was not great. Not BP level bad, but not great. The pacing did seem a bit weird at first. Music battle threw me off at first, but I kind of like it now.

I liked that it was ulimately just a chase, though. I liked that they didn't back away from the fact that Wanda is pretty much unbeatable (at least currently).  I liked Strange's arc of having to let someone else handle things.  I really liked that it wasn't a total cookie cutter of something before it.  America was sweet.  Wong was cool. Christine was...there.  She was cool with the flame-gun-vase thing? Idk, she bores me. 

Best part was Wanda vs. Illumi-what-i.  LOL, not worried about a little witch, huh?  Heh.  That was very satisfying.  I also loved the end credit scene.  Perfect. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cap said:

I predicted a replay of Dany in GOT with some of the Wanda fans.

I doubt it will have much of impact at the box office. The Wanda fanbase is not that big, and they will go anyway.