Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

. The Wanda fanbase is not that big, and they will go anyway.

Oh, you sweet summer child. I hope you are right. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

My main take away this time was how absolutely glorious that low brass sounded in my cinema. I know Elfman is something of a controversial figure these days, but I can't remember the last time one of these movies wore its score so proudly. Normally composers get a moment or two to stand out but otherwise have to hide or coast. Elfman's score is so prominent from the beginning to the end.

Interesting you felt that way because I was mostly underwhelmed with Elfman's work for this. A few of the more eerie and sister musical moments worked, but a lot of it felt like generic mechanical bombast that a lot of modern blockbusters have

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

How gorgeous is the Avatar trailer by the way everyone? Well worth the £10 ticket. (Yes I left before the film began)

Just going to put it out there, you could just... get your ticket refunded if you leave before the film actually starts lmao

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Just going to put it out there, you could just... get your ticket refunded if you leave before the film actually starts lmao

I said it was worth the £10, it was a good deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Literally crickets at my theater during it, the Thor teaser got everyone in the audience pumped though.

Thats very Dr. Strange, hmmm I would expect Marvel fans visiting on the opening day to cheer more for non-marvel films

22 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

So was that rumor of Tom Cruise being a Tony variant never true? I honestly think that would've been really cool. Think the illuminati scene could've used at least one more variant of an original Avenger.

Does anyone really believe egomaniac Tom Cruise would sign on for a 5 minute cameo that ends with him being brutally murdered?

11 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I can kinda get audience reactions during a movie but is it an American thing for people to clap and cheer during trailers?

Every time I see a marvel movie on opening weekend, the crowd cheers and claps when the marvel studios fanfare starts.

20 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Does anyone really believe egomaniac Tom Cruise would sign on for a 5 minute cameo that ends with him being brutally murdered?

Yeah. How big was his role in Tropic Thunder? 5-10 minutes sounds about right.

The Cruise rumors made 0 sense considering he was in the midsts of shooting MI 7 at the time, something that sounded like a very stressful experience

8 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Yeah. How big was his role in Tropic Thunder? 5-10 minutes sounds about right.

I think he mostly did that because he's friends with Theroux and Stiller tho

I do wanna know what were the pre-release expectations were because I avoided basically everything except the main teaser/trailer/poster and it does feel like it has a lot of cameos and sets up +10 Marvel properties. If anything, my main criticism about the movie is that it feels a bit too Ultron-ish in that sense. 

But I have also seen an overwhelmingly positive reaction from the Wanda stans so who knows. I'd totally love a WandaVision 2nd season exploring the aftermath for that Wanda (which could be a soft reboot, explore the Magneto relationship and evil Wanda can return for whatever massive crossover event this is clearly leading up to)

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

Elizabeth Olsen signed a new contract with Marvel, she did not go the way of Dany. She will return.

She's not dead but,like Dany she went over to the Dark Side bigtime. I tkiinkk that,,and the reaction of the Wanda fans, is what we are talking about comparing Dany to Wanda. You really can'r see the similiarities, except the Wanda did not die.

I suspect she will go into Black Widow mode, wanting to get the blood off her tab.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

I can kinda get audience reactions during a movie but is it an American thing for people to clap and cheer during trailers?

I am a Yank, and I have seldom seen cheering and clapping during trialers. The film ,yes,but not trailers.

But because I work a 40  hour week, I almost never go to movies on worknights and I suspect if it happens it is on  the thrusday "Previews' (which as some in this thread have noted are not really previews) which are very fanboy/ggek heavy.

• Like 1