Cap

**SPOILERS** AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS **SPOILERS** READ RULES BEFORE POSTING **SPOILERS** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ** SPOILERS** DO NOT BE AN A-HOLE. **SPOILERS**

Now regarding the shows and the movies , they is definetely a colleration . Think feige and team are starting to get spread thin . feige had originally promised the shows wouldnt be required viewing for the movies and later walked that back and mom clearly needed one to view WV to fully understand it just seems like a bad road to go down and will muddle continuity going forward.

streaming is a  very demmanding endeavor. Disney is not like netflix which can churn out massive content weekly.  animation, mcu and starwars are its major popular content and they are now jumping to 4 mcu shows a year to fill a scedule and keep people subscribed and this is why the shows are rushed , medoicre and of low count.

the burden of producing multiple shows some of which will connect to the movies will lead to more over saturation and fracturing of a portion of the audience and affect output quality

i know im kind of pessimistic but just looking at phase 4 as an example with possibly more production and releases coming in upcoming phases dont think we are ever getting anything close to the quality and consistecy of the infinity saga again . will there be Good movies ? yes but we are probably get abit more duds.

As for making money, yeah mcu will continue the streak  for now

Edited by joe liviig
  • ...wtf 1

Saw the film yesterday afternoon.  A few thoughts...

--Where was Vision?  Since this film is close to a sequel to Wandavision and she was grieving for him throughout,  how is that motivation all of a sudden gone and it's nothing but her children?

--America Chavez was horrible.  She often interrupted something interesting with some stupid remark.  Her 2 moms scene was obvious agenda-pushing and stood out as such.  Same with the gay pride pin.  I read that it's there sometimes and missing at other points.  Was it CGI'd on?

--"Horror" elements worked the best.  Would love to know what the reshoots were and how much of the film's story changed.

--Elizabeth Olsen is the MVP, but we needed a kick-ass final battle between her and Strange and not just "I'm sorry, now I'll kill myself" ending.

--Cameos stunk and got no reaction from the audience.  Wanda dispatching of them was well done.  I had heard that people would probably be disappointed in the lack of a "holy shit" cameo, but I wasn't expecting this lame of a group. 

--The final post-credits scene got the worst reaction I've ever seen.  Guy behind me yelled "that sucked" when it ended and others started piping in and were crabbing about it as they walked out.  The other scene with Charlize Theron got zero reaction, just no engagement from the audience at all.

--Liked it overall, probably a 7.5 out of 10.  Could have been much better, though.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

"AMERICA" Chavez 

Captain BRITISH

The ILLUMINATI   

"This Universe that. That Universe this"
*Annoying Portal Girl suddenly learning how to control her powers at the climax of the movie

:hahaha:

Cmon, man.  

Also, Am I supposed to believe she had babies with a ROBOT in the different dimensions?

The Kevin and the writers really failed Sam Raimi here.

• ...wtf 1

Wow, that was a lot to process. I need a rewatch to properly judge it cause it was all moving so fast, the movie could have used an extra 20-30 min IMO. There are things that I absolutely loved and things that I did not like that much. The movie was non-stop action and there wasn't a single second that I was bored.

The Illuminati scene was pretty great (soooo happy that John Krasinski was Mr Fantastic, hope he stays for universe 616) and loved how brutal the battle and the deaths were, however I think an extra member and perhaps a longer battle would have left a better taste. I also would have liked to understand Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch powers a bit more, I mean I know it is magic but they are just so powerful that it makes you think that what is the point of them fighting if I cannot understand what is going on. I expected a battle like the battle of Doctor Strange vs Thanos on IW but extended. I also would have preferred if they would have shown instead of told how Wanda lost her mind reading the Darkhold. I know she has it at the end of Wandavision but it felt like a completely different Wanda in this movie. For casual fans that have not seen the TV show the last time they saw her was in Avengers: Endgame, so I think a bit of time spent on the Darkhold and the other book and their magic would have been great. 

Now, I loved how different this movie was from previous MCU movies. As I've said the battles were brutal and at points it really had a lot of horror elements. I like that Marvel is experimenting with this, makes it feel fresh. 

My ranking (will maybe change on rewatch): 

1. Avengers: Infinity War

2. Avengers: Endgame

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

4. Spider-Man: No Way Home

5. Marvel's The Avengers

6. Thor: Ragnarök

7. Guardians of the Galaxy

8. Captain America: Civil War

9. Iron Man

10. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

11. Ant-Man

12. Black Panther

13. Guardians of the Galaxy. Vol 2

14. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

15. Captain Marvel

16. Spider-Man: Far From Home

17. Spider-Man: Homecoming

18. Avengers: Age of Ultron

19. Doctor Strange

20. Black Widow

21. Ant-Man and the Wasp

22. Thor

23. Captain America: The First Avenger

24. The Eternals

25. Iron Man 3

26. The Incredible Hulk

27. Iron Man 2

28. Thor: The Dark World

TV shows: 

1. WandaVision

2. Moon Knight

3. Hawkeye

4. Loki

5. Falcon and the Winter Soldier

6. What If

• Knock It Off 1

Mr. Fantastic got a big reaction from my audience. None of the other cameos did. I think Professor X. would have gotten a reaction if he wasn't in the trailer. Also, I really liked that they used the 90's animated theme here. So, is this the same Professor X. as the animated series, and also lol at this being the third time he's died in some sort of Marvel movie.

1 minute ago, CloneWars said:

Mr. Fantastic got a big reaction from my audience. None of the other cameos did. I think Professor X. would have gotten a reaction if he wasn't in the trailer. Also, I really liked that they used the 90's animated theme here. So, is this the same Professor X. as the animated series, and also lol at this being the third time he's died in some sort of Marvel movie.

Fourth time lol

22 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

It’s not meant to be a Professor X we’ve ever seen before. 

On 5/5/2022 at 4:31 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

Damn, Kevin REALLY doesn't like Inhumans. 

I respect that man's commitment to completely destroy the fuck out of that franchise until it never sees the light of day again... ever.

Also, Reed died like a bitch.

Krasinski is just... not happening as Mr. Fantastic. Reed is an arrogant dick like Strange but one who got the girl and is much smarter and Kris Jenners his way to making his family pop-culture icons.

Krasinski can play two roles: generic supportive dorky team player and generic supportive dorky dad. Points to him for trying to combine both here? Totally miscast. Some people just want Blunt and him to be in the MCU together and no other reason. I hope they cast someone else for the main universe character.

Edited by Spidey Freak

https://letterboxd.com/infernap3/film/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness/1/

Spoiler

Wanda: Kills most of the Kamar Taj students, kills all the Illuminati (fuck Krasinski Reed but he was a parent) and tries to murder a child multiple times. 
Doctor Strange: [cuts to strange with the fingers of souls slain by Wanda] That's all of them, America! [gasps] We're gonna tell your sons, Wanda!
Wanda: [worried] No, please, not my babies! [Strange and America laugh as they run to the 838 dimension as Wanda runs after them] Wait, please don't tell me babies! I don't think their little hearts can take it!
America and Strange snitch
Billy and Tommy: Oh dear, our little hearts!

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am impressed Sam Raimi was able to use horror tropes in a MCU film and still make it PG-13

Wanda will be back although I wonder if we might see Magneto introduced into the MCU as her real father. I know the comic retconned that Magneto wasn't her father but the MCU could reverse that for their version.

33 minutes ago, YourMother said:

https://letterboxd.com/infernap3/film/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness/1/

Hide contents

Wanda: Kills most of the Kamar Taj students, kills all the Illuminati (fuck Krasinski Reed but he was a parent) and tries to murder a child multiple times. 
Doctor Strange: [cuts to strange with the fingers of souls slain by Wanda] That's all of them, America! [gasps] We're gonna tell your sons, Wanda!
Wanda: [worried] No, please, not my babies! [Strange and America laugh as they run to the 838 dimension as Wanda runs after them] Wait, please don't tell me babies! I don't think their little hearts can take it!
America and Strange snitch
Billy and Tommy: Oh dear, our little hearts!

Ah so it's you who's been liking some of my stuff lol. Was wondering who it was since I barely use it. 

• Like 1

I don't know how I was so tepid on this film the first time.

This film ends with a zombie Doctor Strange telling America Chavez to believe in herself and her powers, followed by her clenching her fist and beating the shit out of Wanda. A moment that is played completely straight and not for yucks and freaking rules! It's everything I could ask for. 

And that little montage as Mordo explains dream walking, and we get all those fades and superimposing of Wanda reading the dark hold, and the music is just going hard. Bravo Raimi. 

• Like 3