Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

27 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Yeah I know I'm being annoying... but I'm in grief right now. Give me a break. 

If getting poor-quality entries from a series you like leaves you in "grief"...that doesn't really seem healthy and you should just recalibrate your expectations of all of this.  

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Thor 4 OW…

Do people who were disappointed by MoM quality (not me) or people who thought it was not as good for littles (me) get excited for a rollicking Thor adventure or are they circumspect?

Thor and GOTG are typically less serious, more crowd pleasing stories, so that will be audience expectations (which is why Dark World is usually at bottom of rankings, story didn’t fit the character)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

On the other hand, if Marvel starts flopping and there's no substitute, then theaters will be truly dead and we'll only have streaming, which sucks of course

Seems like videogame adaptions are shaping to be the substitute of MCU

I totally agree with @Eric loves Rey. For me, Endgame represented the perfect end for the MCU and since then, ive only seen No Way Home and now in 1 hour Doctor Strange 2 in cinemas and only because both concepts intrigue me.

No genre of movies or franchise is able to dominate the movie market forever. Westerns were once the Kings of the box office but their dominance ended someday. Superhero movies/The MCU movies have ofc a lot of gas left in the tank, but not forever. Chugging out a ton of movies and shows every year certainy doesnt help to stop the trend of people getting slowly tired of all things Marvel here and all things Marvel there.

• Like 4

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

If getting poor-quality entries from a series you like leaves you in "grief"...that doesn't really seem healthy and you should just recalibrate your expectations of all of this.  

Oh cmon you know what I mean. 

I'm not here crying in a empty bath tub while popping a bottle of vodka if that's what you're thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Man this is even crazier than Jat’s nums :hahaha:

When Thor(2011) can have 2.8x legs with B+ score then DS2 can also do 2.5x when there is almost zero competition for next 3 weeks?

Regarding Thor: 

Homecoming and Ragnarok opened to very similar ranges in 2017. Though both are well-liked movies, Ragnarok is more remembered by most fans. Thor also had a much bigger role in IW/EG than Spidey did and gained a lot of fans from that storyline. 

Thus, I would say a well-received Thor 4 should open higher than FFH (adjusted for recent rapid inflation). FFH's weird opening makes this hard to predict, but if you guess its "normal" legs would have been around 2.7, its opening would have been around 144-145 million back in 2019, which might adjust to mid-160s now (not sure about exact number, but around there). So, I think Thor can go for 180+ if well-received. The teaser also did strong numbers but is sort of hard to interpret. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

I pretty deep into Marvel stan-hood so I’m the guy who was disappointed when Ms. Marvel got bumped from last fall to next month. I do worry that storylines are getting hotshotted. 
Couldn’t NWH have been about Peter running from Kraven or Scorpion or Hobgoblin?

Couldn’t DS2 have followed some other threads instead of jumping into multiverse?

They have a golden goose. I’ll take big amounts of content, but Spidey in space more than fighting gangsters in New York is not my choice. 

Edited by Mr Terrific
Clarity

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I totally agree with @Eric loves Rey. For me, Endgame represented the perfect end for the MCU

Its even better that they separated it as Infinity Saga officially. On personal level I have decided that if Phase 4 couldn't lift it up, I will just start calling myself Infinity Saga fan.

The only offering of Phase 4 I have loved is Eternals. Likes Wanda Vision, DSitMoM & NWH. Rest eh.

As well as Doctor Strange 2’s huge opening, importantly we also have some holdovers dropping in the 30% range. 

Great numbers for The Bad Guys, Sonic 2, Lost City and Everything Everywhere All At Once.

With the lower half of the top 10 looking stronger the past few weeks, and summer season off to a huge start, we’re getting further and further away from “only one decent number per weekend”.

And I’m loving seeing it . 

• Like 6