Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

32 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Disney is saying 57.5m saturday. Sunday they are estimating 35% drop. It should do better for sure. Civil War dropped 31%. That would mean 39.675m and 2.175m up from estimates. Of course Friday/saturday numbers also get adjusted and so we have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for actuals. 

Or they figure everyone is gonna celebrate Mother's Day, and no one will dare take mom to a movie that's not Mother's Day friendly.

And they'd rather go up a few million tomorrow than drop a few...since $200M OW is not happening...and legs are looking iffy from the trajectory of the open...

1 hour ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

But... who will care? Billy and Tommy? Iron Patriot? Kate Bishop? America Chavez? Ironheart? 

Why Dont You Love Me The Office GIF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

RT Audience 87% and 4.4/5 (10000+ verified) 

IMDB 7.5/10 (79K)

Metacritic Audience 6.2/10 (271 user reviews) 

any idea which platform is the most GA-friendly?

RT if you want to know how many liked movie.

IMDb score inflated when movie/character has some diehard fans, deflated when some group of people think movie is woke agenda.

So RT verified audience score is the most GA friendly

Edited by Factcheck
  • Like 1

The thing is even if MCU films start to decrease in box office and become more front loaded (which I think will happen), I feel it is more than normal.

The MCU had one of my best and exciting runs ever with the first three phases and for a lot of people Endgame felt like a natural end for them with the franchise.

I’m happy to see the MCU continue but it’s alright to see it fall away, it’s already reached it’s peak.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Yeah estimates rise by more than 5M/2.7% all the time

Got curious:

Aeg +7M

NWH +7M

IW +7.7M

TFA +10M

TA +7M

BP +10M

TLK +7M

192M it is :redcapes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know there's a very strict ban on talking about it and we are obligated to pretend it is totally over and doesn't exist or have any impact anymore, but like 25 people I know have COVID right now and positivity rates are up over 20 percent in many major urban areas including here. NWH's triumph over Omicron seems to have made people forget that these kind of spikes have mattered for every single other movie in the past 14 months!

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Has there ever been a 5m difference between studio estimates and actuals?

I mean percentage terms it is a mere 2.7% but I was thinking 190m.

I did not like the movie at all, genuinely did not enjoy it but I still hope for good box office and theater recovery.

The Batman increased $5.5M($128.5M-$134M) ...

4 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

RT if you want to know how many liked movie.

IMDb score inflated when movie/character has some diehard fans, deflated when some group of people think movie is woke agenda.

So RT verified audience score is the most GA friendly

Thank you! Now I understand those platforms better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Are the international numbers inflated, it's at 265 ? They must have under inflated Dom and raised international for a nice number ?

usually internaitonal is under-reported and goes up with actuals so expect over 270M rather than under 265M.

Just now, Valonqar said:

usually internaitonal is under-reported and goes up with actuals so expect over 270M rather than under 265M.

Nah I believe the internationals for these numbers are way inflated. They wanted a nice number it seems.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Nah I believe the internationals for these numbers are way inflated. They wanted a nice number it seems.

If they wanted a nice number they would have given 190 mill dom, at the same time 450  or say 443 isnt  a noticeable difference