Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

38 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I can't see how it won't reach 400m at least, but if that happens it would be 

Dr, Strange and The Multiplier of Madness 😳 

this is how
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTXTfTIzlEBpWiD8yVRr9vgAre3zZcZuTgPEEJgAolRlOZN_X6wu2dq5fp552slIfSOi1PJEfuT-ql-/pubhtml?gid=577816675&single=true

• Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The weekend multiple is mostly useless because in this weekend you have 1 excellent day on THU, 1 good day on FRI, 1 average day on sat and 1 below avg day on SUN.

What matters more is where SUN has landed than what weekend is.

You make it sound like 330m or so.

Spider-Man 3 and GotG 2 had 39M on their first Sunday. Spider-Man 3 did 185M after OWend, while GotG 2 did 243.3.
Well, the former would be a BvS like run and it's definitely not going to be the later xD.

9 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Spider-Man 3 and GotG 2 had 39M on their first Sunday. Spider-Man 3 did 185M after OWend, while GotG 2 did 243.3.

Well its not as simple as that now :P

GOTG2 39M was from 42M FRI here 39M is from 54M FRI. 93% vs 72%. That right there is ~20% worse trending adj for Mother's day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Finally saw it today, really liked it, it's my type of movie. Some boring bits in between but overall worked for me. Benedict Cumberbatch was the MVP IMO. Having said that I totally understand why the WOM is mixed, even in my theatre there were a lot WTF reactions throughout so this is clearly not a formulaic completely accessible Marvel movie. I am almost certain in India it's weekend to final BO collection multiplier will be < 2. If I had to guess for DOM B.O, its most likely going to be ~2.20.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The weekend multiple is mostly useless because in this weekend you have 1 excellent day on THU, 1 good day on FRI, 1 average day on sat and 1 below avg day on SUN.

What matters more is where SUN has landed than what weekend is.

I was going to push back on this, and argue Saturday is more relevant given the potential for Sunday to be affected by outside factors, but decided to run the math first. And well, numbers speak for themselves ...

Here is every April/May MCU release since The Avengers, with total DOM compared to opening Sat & Sun

Year Title SAT Ratio SUN Ratio
2019 Endgame 7.86 9.50
2018 Infinity War 8.26 9.80
2017 GOTG2 7.60 9.96
2016 Civil War 6.67 9.62
2015 Ultron 8.06 9.05
2013 Iron Man 3 6.53 9.45
  AVERAGE 7.50 9.56
Edited by M37
  • Astonished 1

Yeah, that IM is just terrible 

There's no way to someone get offended by this and attack people for saying the obvious, it's the same IM that no way home gets despite being way less presale heavy, simply bad.

Great overall number tho, should clear 400M

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

So these are not the actuals ?

No, but the actuals will be pretty close. Probably in the 187-187.5M range.

• Like 1