Eric Prime

TOP GUN MAVERICK/MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND THREAD | 126.7M 3-Day, 160.5M 4-Day. The biggest Memorial Day opening ever! | Doctor Strange 20.5M 4-Day, Bob's Burgers 14.8M

34 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

How much was avengers revenue because of 3D ?

I don't quite know but my guess is it wasn't quite significant to its gross like what it did to alice in wonderland. 3D wasn't that popular in 2012 like it used to in  2009-2010.

2 minutes ago, Show Me The Legion said:

This “will it hit 400” game is fun, maybe we’ll pay it a few more times this summer :sparta:

Thor could maybe be another candidate. But besides that, i dont see any other film participating. The rest of the summer movies will all be safely under 400M, while one upcoming special film is ofc a 500-600M contender and not a 400M one.

1 minute ago, Yomama said:

Put a pin in it this is officially the end of the era where comic book movies rule the box office

Ah that takes me back to 2015 where Age of Ultron flopped to 459M DOM and 1,4B Worldwide and then Ant-Man crossed only 500M WW and some people declared the end of the Comic Book Movie reign.

• Like 1

Just now, T-ReXXR said:

Every major film gets a name change :)

This one will be here until June 10th, when it moves to something Lightyear related.

BuzzxXR?

Thor L&T needed basically the same audience of Ragnarok to reach 400M, it is happening, this have way more chances to do +500M than less than 400

This "lack of hype" argument doesn't make sense, the movie literally have an Avengers level teaser last month. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, T-ReXXR said:

If those demographics don't expand outward and younger with WOM, then legs won't be nearly as amazing as some here are predicting. 

Isn't the sample size for a film like this (movie with huge white, old male turnout in red states and amazing WoM) kinda low? At least re: recent comps. The closest comp, American Sniper, legged fine with 3.2x its 4-day OW and this has better WoM and summer weekdays. Probably will expand younger than American Sniper too due to this being an action film.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Thor L&T needed basically the same audience of Ragnarok to reach 400M, it is happening, this have way more chances to do +500M than less than 400

This "lack of hype" argument doesn't make sense, the movie literally have an Avengers level teaser last month. 

When did it have an avengers level teaser ? lool no way is thor bumping from 315 to 500+ domestically.

Edited by SupermanLego
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

When did it have an avengers level teaser ? lool no way is thor bumping from 315 to 500+ domestically.

Teaser get 209M views, wasn't very far from IW for example 

It's bigger than both DS2 trailers as well

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

My what a shocking comment from you, usually so optimistic about the marvel releases

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Teaser get 209M views, wasn't very far from IW for example 

It's bigger than both DS2 trailers as well

ooh I didn’t realise the trailer was so big.

Pressure is on Thor 4 then! 

18 minutes ago, T-ReXXR said:

Every major film gets a name change :)

This one will be here until June 10th, when it moves to something Lightyear related.

The unvaccinated astronaut.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Isn't the sample size for a film like this (movie with huge white, old male turnout in red states and amazing WoM) kinda low? At least re: recent comps. The closest comp, American Sniper, legged fine with 3.2x its 4-day OW and this has better WoM and summer weekdays. Probably will expand younger than American Sniper too due to this being an action film.

True. Although, AS was riding on the best picture nominee, it’s WOM was still off of TGM. Plus, summer weekdays should push it past 400