EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

Wow I was so hyped for TGM's box office, such a shame its only making $25m this sat. Charlie has access to numbers we can't see, this means he can never be wrong on anything to do with box office.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

I think because he was typing so fast, he might have either confirmed $25m friday, or a possible $36m Saturday since 36 are in the same position as 25 in the key pad. $36m would still be great for its Saturday.

He actually just got the order wrong, it's 52M sat.

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Wow I was so hyped for TGM's box office, such a shame its only making $25m this sat. Charlie has access to numbers we can't see, this means he can never be wrong on anything to do with box office.

Except that @charlie Jatinder rarely updates that early. @EmpireCity@RthMav @keysersoze123 will tell a more accurate number late tonight

2 hours ago, Eric Mitchell said:

10.) Crimes of the Future (NEON) 773 theaters, Fri $490K, 3-day $1.17M/Wk 1

Sigh. Hope this still gets a UK cinema release. 

No horror film has opened over $5m since Scream. 5 months ago. 

The Black Phone better break out. Big time. Not in the teens either. 20-30m+. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Too bad about Crimes of the Future but it was always going to be struggle. But he's never been a box office magnet outside of The Fly. A24 has been struggling with their horrors lately so of course Neon which less of a brand and loyal audience would also struggle

Meh. It was never going to have much of audience. Cronenberg's a master. Can't wait to see it. Catching tonight to early this coming week. Hope it's as good as advertised.

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Sigh. Hope this still gets a UK cinema release. 

No horror film has opened over $5m since Scream. 5 months ago. 

The Black Phone better break out. Big time. Not in the teens either. 20-30m+. 

I think Black Phone will do more than 5M. I can see 10M or so OW DOM.

Charlie just accidentally gave his prediction for JW's preview number next weekend. It was a rare glimpse into his honest, true feelings, usually darkened by his self-motivated hatred for the dino movies, born out of spite and envy because Age of Ultron flopped 7 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4