EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

A compelling idea. Would it look something like this?

It's Morbin' Time! Jared Leto's Morbius Is Returning To Theaters |  Cinemablend

definitely jared leto should play the dinosaur man because he'd have to pretend he has little arms for months.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

According to the Wikipedia page, the bad guys in new Jurassic World are apparently named "BioSyn".

Template | I Can't. Not Again. I'm... Not Strong Enough | Know Your Meme

Biosyn was the name of the rival genetics company that hired Denis Nedry all the way back in the original Crichton novel. They were also the antagonists of the second novel. Surprised it’s taken so long to put them in these movies. Remover using Biosyn5000 or some shit like  that as a username on forums when I was younger 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

definitely jared leto should play the dinosaur man because he'd have to pretend he has little arms for months.

Edited by Cmasterclay

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Biosyn was the name of the rival genetics company that hired Denis Nedry all the way back in the original Crichton novel. They were also the antagonists of the second novel. Surprised it’s taken so long to put them in these movies. Remover using Biosyn5000 or some shit like  that as a username on forums when I was younger 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I could see mid teens sunday drop for 2nd weekend close to 90m. Absolute nuts. I cant think of any summer movie previously having this good a drop for a mega opener. Definitely over 500m and probably even hit 600m. 

I’m very curious to see what the Sunday hold will be.

I’ve been thinking 20% would be great (and it would be)… but I can’t help but think about how the Saturday-to-Memorial Day drop on OW was only about 11%… I get that this feels like a Memorial Day movie, but still.

I don’t think something insane like TDK’s OW Sunday hold (-8.5%) is on the table at all, but 15%? That might be possible and that would be incredible. It’s amazing we’re even having this discussion.

Edited by superduperm

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I could see mid teens sunday drop for 2nd weekend close to 90m. Absolute nuts. I cant think of any summer movie previously having this good a drop for a mega opener. Definitely over 500m and probably even hit 600m. 

Yeah, the closest comps would be like... Shrek 2 and Spiderman 1 but Top Gun will go over both and opened higher.

3 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yeah, the closest comps would be like... Shrek 2 and Spiderman 1 but Top Gun will go over both and opened higher.

Nice to know it's performing like movies from when I was an infant. Is this how it always used to be

Aren't people tired of those cringe Morbius memes and jokes by now? It is also so much worse on twitter where people spam with these Morbius memes. It was maybe slightly funny for a day or two but it has become so annoying by now

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Aren't people tired of those cringe Morbius memes and jokes by now? It is also so much worse on twitter where people spam with these Morbius memes. It was maybe slightly funny for a day or two but it has become so annoying by now

It was only funny when only moviescirclejerk was meming about it

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

called as such because of their biological sins against nature no doubt.

how many Jurassic worlds deep are we gonna get before we see what the audience really wants; an evil geneticist who turns himself into a human/dinosaur hybrid that's a raptor with human skin, teeth and hair.

Wasn't that the plan for Jurassic Park 4? Think there were some concept arts

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

do studios have to pay cinemas for expansions? cant see how sony would have lost money otherwise

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 4