Eric Prime

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

1 minute ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

Dude, we get it.

You annoyed? Sorry, I'm just so happy I called it way back when everyone here as well doubted it could do A- because of the RT audience score

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

cinemascore is a 1 way metric. Bad score for  fan driven movie is bad news. A- is not bad at all. I am sure Posttrak which tracks greater number of folks is also good. 

For new folks who dont know why cinemascore is discounted, read https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/cinemascore-retreat-as-studios-turn-648341/

FYI Rentrak is comscore now. 

Ed Mintz founded CinemaScore in 1979 and today runs the company with his son, Harold, out of their suburban Las Vegas home. Every Friday, they dispatch pollsters to about five theaters around the country. By 11 p.m., studio clients who pay between $30,000 and $50,000 for annual subscriptions receive a report listing the grade, along with a demographic breakdown by age and the main reason each moviegoer turned out.

PostTrak, by contrast, polls 20 theaters in diverse markets across the country. Rather than a grade, the service provides more detailed demo information, including an audience’s ethnic breakdown. It also probes a film’s marketing campaign and whether trailers, TV ads or social media helped lure someone to the theater. (Rentrak won’t reveal the cost of a subscription.) Screen Engine’s Kevin Goetz, who ran test screenings for years for the studios, is the architect of PostTrak.

Edited by keysersoze123

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Looking at Jurassic World Dominion All Audience score on RT, i fully believe Fallen Kingdom Audience RT score was review bombed because they made fun of Donald Trump. 

havent seen the movie, was the joke atleast funny?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

havent seen the movie, was the joke atleast funny?

They had a newsflash in Fallen Kingdom 

President of United States of America questions the "Existence of Dinosaurs in the first place".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

On one hand, I’ve heard a lot of anecdotes of crowds loving JWD, but on the other the RT scores were making me believe this would be a B or B+, glad I was wrong.

on a side note, the JW trilogy now has a higher CinemaScore average than the Star Wars sequels. A, A-, A- vs A, A-, B+

TLJ got an A, actually.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rainy said:

With the 14.3 Friday, how do long term estimates for TGM change?

Thursday is what changed my long term guess. Friday 55% bump looks good to me, Father's day will be strong, 4th of july weekend will be strong, so far no streaming announcements so I think it should play all the way through labor day and get another bump there the way some blockbusters do. I still see it walking past 550 without too much trouble. 

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

393M+ by end of weekend

around 30m weekdays

35-40m+ 3rd weekend

458-470m+ by next weekend

Should be way past 500m before 4th July weekend.

Think still has a good shot at 600M+.

TDK had 393m after 3rd weekend , i see it holding as well or better the rest of its run, so 550m is easy with Summer

• Like 3