Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

I watched this, i have watched all inarritu films.. this is not his best one.

I am not sure if we can post reviews here.

First don't believe that "this is not for girls" movie, i am a girl and i had no problem with any scene.plus there was a really romantic story in the background of this movie.

I feel people over reacted with the bear scene, yes it's not pleasure to look at it but there have been violent things in the cinema before.

The cinematography is one of the most beautiful i have seen.

The end wasn't satisfying, despite they had a so emotional story to end there...i didn't feel anything.

That's all.

I will understand if Leo gets his Oscar this year( and i want this)  but i wasn't impressed with any of the acting despite the fact i like both lead actors.

I sometimes wonder when Hardy will get the chance to lead a movie.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

In that case, you'll like it. :)

I hope so... I'm not as adamantly adverse to the filmmaker as others around these parts. BUT, my Keaton bias may've swayed me to his side with Birdman more than the actual product. Lots to come with Hateful Eight, Big Short and Carol later this week.

Random aside, for the lurkers in this topic, I watched The Walk on Blu-ray yesterday night and was kicking myself for not catching it in IMAX 3D. Maybe the not greatest movie but charming and very, very watchable. Dizzying experience really. Glad I rented it.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hermia said:

I watched this, i have watched all inarritu films.. this is not his best one.

I am not sure if we can post reviews here.

First don't believe that "this is not for girls" movie, i am a girl and i had no problem with any scene.plus there was a really romantic story in the background of this movie.

I feel people over reacted with the bear scene, yes it's not pleasure to look at it but there have been violent things in the cinema before.

The cinematography is one of the most beautiful i have seen.

The end wasn't satisfying, despite they had a so emotional story to end there...i didn't feel anything.

That's all.

I will understand if Leo gets his Oscar this year( and i want this)  but i wasn't impressed with any of the acting despite the fact i like both lead actors.

I sometimes wonder when Hardy will get the chance to lead a movie.

Welcome. :) We have a separate review forum where you can go into detail in terms of spoilers. Here in this thread brief thoughts and non-spoiler comments are fine. If you'd like to write a longer, more detailed review, you can do it here: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20806-the-revenant-2015/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Welcome. :) We have a separate review forum where you can go into detail in terms of spoilers. Here in this thread brief thoughts and non-spoiler comments are fine. If you'd like to write a longer, more detailed review, you can do it here: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20806-the-revenant-2015/

Thank you!

• Like 3

I like that Tom Hardy has an embarrassing MySpace page that has surfaced and become an Internet joke and he's not at all ashamed of it. I saw an interview with him where he said the famous one of him posing in his underwear is the one he's most proud because it shows him in his natural habitat. Lol

20 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

If Americans don't embrace this, I highly doubt others will

OS/DOM will be split relatively down the middle. Maybe 60/40 at best.

But I'm thinking around 108DOM and 120OS. Not enough to make money back but not an "epic" bomb.

• Like 2