EmpireCity

WEEKEND THREAD: Lightyear implodes with 51M DOM, 85.6M WW. THE LAST PIXAR MOVIE EVER?????😱😱😱 | Dominion #1 with 58.66M, Top Gun 44M

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Honestly there's nothing that warms the heart more than a Disney flop

At this stage I'd take A2 imploding just to see the entire company brought down, let Paramount pick up the sequels for a buck. :hahaha:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Sad that it had to be this movie though, because now we have to endure insufferable idiots screaming about “wokeness”

Those idiots would cry no matter what happened. They're best ignored on all matters. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think at this point, it's undeniable that putting so many of the animated films from Pixar and WDA on Disney+ was a mistake.

The pandemic made people crazy. Entertainment companies included. They saw the faucet turn off and they thought it was never gonna rain again. It was the first global pandemic since the Spanish Flu, so overreactions were going to happen. But you would think they would have righted the ship by now. Disney does need to totally rethink their windowing strategy. Exclusivity is the foundation of the movie business.

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

The pandemic made people crazy. Entertainment companies included. They saw the faucet turn off and they thought it was never gonna rain again. It was the first global pandemic since the Spanish Flu, so overreactions were going to happen. But you would think they would have righted the ship by now. Disney does need to totally rethink their windowing strategy. Exclusivity is the foundation of the movie business.

Out of reactions, but would give this a like since you're entirely right.

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

hey, they could have charged $20 to watch it in six weeks like most of the other studios are doing - but nope! 

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

at least Lightyear’s losses can be absorbed by the successes of their last few films - oh wait. They made absolutely nothing. 

Dude, we get it.

59 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think at this point, it's undeniable that putting so many of the animated films from Pixar and WDA on Disney+ was a mistake.

Forgot to say, the big mistake was putting Turning Red on Disney+ imo.  I think that gave a lot of people the impression that, that was going to be the way from now on. I have no way of proving this, but I feel like stuff done in 2020 and 2021 was still viewed as being from the pandemic, while stuff done in 2022 has more of an air of "Oh so this'll be the future?".

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

how am I saying anything different to anybody else on here? You and I were having a right old banter about it last night, and now it’s a problem for you? 

Because you just repeated basically the same thing twice over just a couple minutes through two different posts. If you want to complain about this stuff, go on ahead, but that kind of rapid posting just seems excessive IMO.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Eric Lightyear said:

Because you just repeated basically the same thing twice over just a couple minutes through two different posts. If you want to complain about this stuff, go on ahead, but that kind of rapid posting just seems excessive IMO.

were there not two different points? One about them not having PVOD, and the other about their previous films not making any money? 

I don’t know. Seemed a bit unfair for you to put that out! Lol. 

we’re all good Eric.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

There was a lot of crazy hyperboles about how cities were finished and everyone was going to happy not going out ever again due to Zoom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scoobysaurus said:

So given that there's a few weeks before Thor and Minions hit the scene, how many weekends do you guys reckon JWD is gonna stay on top? 

I think Elvis is going to be #1 this upcoming weekend, even if it eeks out a victory.

4 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

So given that there's a few weeks before Thor and Minions hit the scene, how many weekends do you guys reckon JWD is gonna stay on top? 

It is Elvis vs TG2 vs JW3 for the top spot next weekend. All of them should do around 30M.

• Like 2