Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

Just now, junkshop36 said:

Just got back from seeing it and I’d say the RT audience score and B+ CS is about right. 

Overall  it was decent but not nearly as good as Ragnarok. The last act was the best part. 

This is rare, too...that the third act actually "works" for people!!  😅  What a bizarre endeavor...  

When this gets solidified I think it'll be closer to the $130s than the $150s... which means I'll say one more TOLDJA!  😁

I mean, Minions is even dropping 55%. So, yeah, thinking 60%+ drop. Heck JWD dropped just about 60% on it's second weekend with a super inflated Father's Day Sunday and Juneteenth holiday the following Monday. And, then it still recovered well enough after that. I'm sure Thor will have nice weekday numbers though... Before the inevitable big drop next weekend. Summer weekday numbers were great last week and should be super strong again this week... For everything, including TLT.

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

This is rare, too...that the third act actually "works" for people!!  😅  What a bizarre endeavor...  

When this gets solidified I think it'll be closer to the $130s than the $150s... which means I'll say one more TOLDJA!  😁

Even with 41M+ today? I'd think that would almost lock it for 140M+ OW? Or, do you mean it'll be close to 139M than 150M so it would need to do 145M+ to not be closer to the 130Ms?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Is it? The last four MCU movies have been most praised for their third acts. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Honestly Marvel peaked with phase 1

Tbh for me TA is the only good Avengers movie thus far. They have had some good solo entries since, though.

44 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Why do I get the feeling this is headed for a Snyder level drop next weekend?

If there was a huge 100+mil opw competition maybe but there isn't. I'm giving it the same drop as Doctor Strange 2.

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

Honestly Marvel peaked with phase 1

agree

only time the mcu actually felt special

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

All audience RT score 74% same as Eternals now

9 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I mean for example yes it was Infinity Saga, but first few solo MCU movies were solely building towards The Avengers.

They had in mind what they need to do down the line, but their main focus was Avengers.

Here in Phase 4 i feel currently they are thinking what they need to do many years later, and doubt so many different things which are different to each other.

Only place where i felt we are really in MCU we know was Shang Chi post credit scene.

1 minute ago, Factcheck said:

All audience RT score 74% same as Eternals now

Verified score is heading towards the 70's (81 now)

Was this lucky to get a B+?

7 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

TIL that IW+AEG was 6 years after the MCU peaked 🤣🤣🤣

A1 is better than both of those, so yes 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Verified score is heading towards the 70's (81 now)

Was this lucky to get a B+?

According to DL, yep

Comscore/Screen Engine PostTrak exits for general audiences are still sitting at 3 1/2 stars with a 77% positive, not far from Eternals’ 75%. If you take Sony’s Spider-Man: No Way Home out of the equation, which got an A+ from audiences, that’s three Bs in a row from Disney/MCU, going back to November’s ,Eternals (B).

51 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I recently re-watched phase 1 and it's shocking how good Iron Man - Captain America look. Especially compared to the rest of the MCU. Even The Avengers looks colorful and cartoony, which is something.

avengers looks like 2000s tv show that grey filter is ugly asf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1