Eric S'ennui

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

This post is 2/3. 

Hmmm, trying to figure out this two truths and a lie puzzle. From what I recall of previous discussion would have thought a 3/3 from you.

2 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Hmmm, trying to figure out this two truths and a lie puzzle. From what I recall of previous discussion would have thought a 3/3 from you.

I think I explicitly specified 2 in the previous discussion, the last one you may have just inferred. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

People being Very Seriously Upset over Waititi making a joke need a Xanax.

People being Very Seriously Upset over People being Very Seriously Upset over Waititi making a joke need a Xanax.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Dude, you been having a meltdown for the last 5 days now. If they need a Xanax, you need the entire factory 

Oh please. I'm not allowed to respond to this because of the mod warnings but I think everyone knows the backlash is overblown.

I think this weekend number is still very good for Thor 4 as its well above ragnarok. OS with $ being strong and no China/Russia was always going to drop, but now its going to look worse due to meh WOM in some markets showing obvious impact(korea for sure and Mexico OW is underwhelming).

BO is going to be boring and so thinking this is the best time to take a break from this place. I think I will be back once we have something interesting happening(Another surprise big breakout or 100m+ opener). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moderation

Instead of fighting about Star Wars for absolutely no reason whatsoever, could you guys just...not do that? Last I checked, the universe won't explode into a million pieces because people decided not to fight about it. So why do it?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I am happy he gave me 3 days of good sleep as that is how many nights it took me to watch irishman 

Not his strongest film, yes.

45 minutes ago, Noctis said:

That's because Star Wars is hugely overrated...ANH is as mediocre as they come and the Ewoks in ROTJ rank about as annoying as Jar Jar Binks.

And ESB is decent, but the cum floods that are unleashed by some when discussing it is ludicrous.

TPM and AoTC are utter trash (especially the former), but RoTS is very engaging despite some of the dialogue.

The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film. 

Fight me, bitches.

thats-bait.gif

41 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Stans didn’t start watching movies until 2008 when Iron Man and TDK came out, so I doubt they’re aware 

Uh were you old enough when The Lord of the Rings came out?  I'd argue that trilogy is responsible for the modern movie stan and the fact that the The Matrix and Star Wars franchises were crashing and burning at the same time made the LOTR stans so smug.

Edited by Ozymandias

12 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Me, feeling baited to dive into the Weekend Mayhem

principal-duvall-i-did-not-leave-the-sou

At this point I feel like the weekend threads are those word magnets on a refrigerator. Everyone keeps using the same ten words over and over again just in different variants. 

You could almost open that fridge, pull out some alcohol, and started drinking game off of it.

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Not his strongest film, yes.

thats-bait.gif

Uh were you old enough when The Lord of the Rings came out?  I'd argue that trilogy is responsible for the modern movie stan and the fact that the The Matrix and Star Wars franchises were crashing and burning at the same time made it made the LOTR stans so smug.

Other than the new "discourse" over the Amazon show, isn't LOTR more insular and older as a fanbase? Online I genuinely don't see the level of stanning as SW or MCU at all