charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I rest my case.

If that's what some of you're getting offended at then you truly have no idea how the real world works. How arrogant are you to think that you're going to go through the rest of your life without being offended by what somebody says? Get over yourselves.

Nobody thinks that. However since this forum is the equivalent of a kindergarten playground, when someone is being aggressive or antagonistic, you get a time out from the big bad teacher, because the teachers have the ability to do something about it. I'm not even saying I felt personally offended but it's not hard for me to see why it wasn't taken well.

Besides, the majority of movies over the next two months are gonna suck anyways, I won't be missing the early access to PAWS OF FURY numbers

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Dominion isn't getting to a billion unless it massively outperforms in Japan with its fucked up Exchange Rate

Some theatres in China are reopened and it only needs like 100m 30m domestic+ 30rest markets + 40 japan it's doable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

I rest my case.

If that's what some of you're getting offended at then you truly have no idea how the real world works. How arrogant are you to think that you're going to go through the rest of your life without being offended by what somebody says? Get over yourselves.

Translation: my stated diving line of appropriate behavior was immediately and factually refuted, but because I agree with what was said I'll just ignore it and claim "victory" anyway

And for the record, I'm over 40, have been around the block, have thick skin, so this isn't about being personally "offended", but being able to recognize that making sweeping, negative and unprompted generalizations about groups of people crosses a line, no matter how much I might agree or disagree about "the kids these days"

Sorry @Eric Odinson, just saw your post, I'll let sleeping dogs lie now. Thought it'd be ironic if I got my first warning point by defending the mods

Zip It Shut Your Mouth GIF by Apple TV+

Edited by M37
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Exchange rates in general are sinking and sinking FAST. The Euro is now at exactly 1 Dollar or even less by now.

This will fuck up avatar os box office.

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Frankly the only thing I’ve been offended by of late was the first ten minutes of Dominion. And that shit is still playing in theatres. 

if Eric banned that news report then I’d be in full support. 

Only the first 10? Thank goodness for a solid third act, because the first hour plus was terrible

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

No. Dominion good. Dinos good.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify the 16 viewings. Dinos good, writers bad

• Like 1

Mods, you do a fine job here.  While I disagree with EmpireCity's ultimate suspension, I do see your side, too.

I think most folks just think the time part of the suspension was too harsh for the culminating act (that got the 10th point).  If you'd have come on and said he was suspended 2 weeks with the loss of purple, folks probably would have let it roll more.  2 weeks is like summer vacation - 2 months is like 1/2 the semester at school.

So, maybe there's some wiggle room in the punishment phase.  

Maybe not, though...and that's okay.  I just hope there is now that a little time has passed to let everything calm down (which is the goal of suspensions in the 1st place)...

@Eric Odinson

That was a really terrific post that you did there and I do owe you an apology. I know it's not you. Shawn actually mentioned that person I should be talking to is cap. So I will reach out to cap and express my concerns. I know this is coming off like I think my opinions matter more than anybody and I certainly don't mean mean it that way. But they're just definitely seems like there's a disconnect here between the new moderating team and some of the posters.

And Schu owes me nothing. I'm not offended by what he said I don't care what he said. He's entitled to his opinion he can express that opinion however he wants to. Doesn't bother me at all.

Remember I've been called an idiot and a moron because I like Twilight and transformers, I'm sure I can deal with one person who doesn't like me because personal opinions on certain things outside of the forums.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 9

I totally get the mods reasoning. However, reducing suspension is not undermining the decision, merely just adapting to the circumstances and to the will of the users. People upset with him salute the suspention call in the first place, but I don't see uproar or disappointment coming if he was to be reinstated. I stand corrected if I'm wrong on this one. Think (hoping) that the points came across to him either way about proper forum conduct.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Frankly the only thing I’ve been offended by of late was the first ten minutes of Dominion. And that shit is still playing in theatres. 

if Eric banned that news report then I’d be in full support. 

My jaw dropped at that opening scene. Can’t believe they actually opened the movie like that. Might be worse than Josstice League’s opening 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Just because Empire had points accumulated against him doesn't mean they were justifiable. I've been debating with Empire for almost a decade now. Or half a decade or however long he's been here and we've had some aggressive back and forth and I've never once felt that he was insulting me or anybody else at the forums.

Do any of you guys remember the Rogue one will finish under $450M thread? Do you want to see back and forth between me and him go there. And again never once did I ever want to run to the mods and cry about him having a different aggressive opinion than I did. I'm going to sound like the grumpy old man here but you guys got to learn the difference between someone expressing a different opinion and someone being a little bit antagonizing as opposed to someone who's insulting and deliberately going out of their way piss people off.

I like how you are complaining about over moderation in regards to EC when you yourself have given him points in the past for being rude to other users. 

You are complaining about newer staff members being over zealous in their dishing out of warnings when the truth is EC has got just as many warnings in the past by old moderators for the exact same reason. He has gotten multiple warnings by past moderators for the exact same type of behaviour that we warned him for but somehow we are wrong for this and the past staff right?

Never once did EC got 5 points (for attacking a mod) despite his continuous vendetta agains Eric. But he did get 5 points in the past for arguing with you by the site admin (Waterbottle) himself. Did you whine then too about over moderation? Did you complain that WaterBottle is running the site into the ground? Or is today hypocrisy day?

Never once did EC get thread banned by us but he has been thread banned multiple times by old staff in the past. 

You also do understand that this is not the first time EC has been suspended right? He has been suspended in the past too by old moderators. Didn’t see you announcing the death of the site when it happened then. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 4

People are overfixating on this "kids these days" convo way too hard, yeah that was embarassing but you can find a trillion convos with EC being hostile and/or condescending. Yeah I get that EC brings numbers and all but look at the bright side, this summer's pretty dead anyways.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Mods, you do a fine job here.  While I disagree with EmpireCity's ultimate suspension, I do see your side, too.

I think most folks just think the time part of the suspension was too harsh for the culminating act (that got the 10th point).  If you'd have come on and said he was suspended 2 weeks with the loss of purple, folks probably would have let it roll more.  2 weeks is like summer vacation - 2 months is like 1/2 the semester at school.

So, maybe there's some wiggle room in the punishment phase.  

Maybe not, though...and that's okay.  I just hope there is now that a little time has passed to let everything calm down (which is the goal of suspensions in the 1st place)...

8 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

I totally get the mods reasoning. However, reducing suspension is not undermining the decision, merely just adapting to the circumstances and to the will of the users. People upset with him salute the suspention call in the first place, but I don't see uproar or disappointment coming if he was to be reinstated. I stand corrected if I'm wrong on this one. Think (hoping) that the points came across to him either way about proper forum conduct.

Suspensions usually start with 1-2 weeks and then every subsequent suspension increases in lenght (1-2 weeks then 1 month then 2 months, 6 months, etc). 

EC has been suspended before and his last suspension was 1 month hence the current suspension being 2 months. That is the rule for every user on the forum no matter who they are.

@The Dark Alfred we had just as many people complaining that he is getting special treatment because he provides numbers a little earlier. If we were to reinstate him those users would then be rightly upset. The best thing to do would be to apply forum rules equally

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

I rest my case.

So they should just shut up and take any abuse that comes their way? 

People come here for a variety of reasons, movies and box office mostly.  Some have developed real life friendships from this website, myself included.  This has always been a close-knit community and I love it for that.  

I promise that nobody comes here to be berated by someone that thinks they know everything about everyone here in their 20's.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Just want to point out one more thing. I saw people commenting that they dont see what is wrong with many EC posts. That is because most of the bad posts are hidden by mods before giving a warning. That is why you don’t see some of the more problematic posts. 

For instance one of the warnings EC got was for telling some forum users to get fucked by a huge baseball bat. You won’t see that post because it was hidden. 

And lastly just to clarify EC did not get suspended for his posts in the weekend thread. He got suspended for reaching 10 points which he accumulated across many weeks. 

• Like 21
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 3
  • Knock It Off 1